Marshall JMD-1 100 Watt Head Opinions

KjStrat62

• Members

I just played on one Friday and I thought it was pretty decent. I was thinking it was going to be horrible from what I have heard around here , but I was getting some good tones out of it. It has some great mid to higher gain sounds. The crunch sounds were damn nice also. I am thinking of getting one for a backup to my JVM. The guy that owned the amp had completely retubed the amp, and he said the stock tubes were {censored}.

• Members

I treid setting patches with the foot controller and could not get anything programmed. Any tips?

from the manual:

To Store - Dial in the tone you require, when you are

happy, press the Footswitch / MIDI Program switch twice

(LED is flashing). Using the Footcontroller, select the bank

you require and then press the chosen preset. The

Footswitch / MIDI Program switch will stop flashing and

your settings will have been stored.

edit: the footswitch probably has to be in "preset mode".. that's in there, too.

http://marshallamps.com/downloads/files/JMD1_83_00%20English%20hbk.pdf

• Members

Yea, cause a 69' Plexi and a Mode 4 sound so much alike
:facepalm:

No he means, most modelling amps give so much more disperse and different sounds...This one only has a take on marshalls. Too proud and snobby in a sense, even fender had brit style amps on their modelling amps!

• Members

Yea, cause a 69' Plexi and a Mode 4 sound so much alike
:facepalm:

But none of the marshall range sound like an AC30 or fender twin or mesa boogie or any of the other go-to standards for "I need a particular sound this gig hey good thing I got this modelling amp".

Archived