Whats a good job to make money these days?

Rear Naked

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Service Tech. Hours can be long, but I make more than many of my managerial corporate buddies, and also make my own schedule, never go to an office. never even met my boss. Fix the machines, do the paperwork, and leave.

• Members

Some hookers with a craigslist-type ad pull down $300,000 a year tax free and aren't even that good looking. After a while they don't even need the ad...just get about 50 or 60 regular johns that will pay about 5 grand a year for a mistress. The down side is that they have to typically {censored} 10 times a day or so. Could be hard on the old vag......

Of course a really hot chick can probably {censored} a lot less and make more money.

• Members

Oil field work. You can pull down major money with no degree at all. I'm sure the work is damn hard, but hell, make some bank for a decade, live cheap and save a ton, then figure out something you love doing even if it does't pay as much and enjoy life.

• Members

Oil field work. You can pull down major money with no degree at all. I'm sure the work is damn hard, but hell, make some bank for a decade, live cheap and save a ton, then figure out something you love doing even if it does't pay as much and enjoy life.

The work can be pretty difficult, but you make a lot of money. I worked in the gulf for about two hitches (14 and 14) one summer and made enough to pretty much live on for the next semester of college. It has quite a few downsides obviously. The reason it pays so well is that it's demanding and dangerous.

• Members

go to a tech school and get a 2 year RN.

work three days a week and make over $50K (that's here, i'm sure it's more in other areas with generally higher COL).

My orignal plan was to get a BSN nurseing degree and go into a Nurse Anesthetist program. That would have been nice...160K

Instead I went premed and here I am with second thoughts about med school.

Oops.

• Members

The work can be pretty difficult, but you make a lot of money. I worked in the gulf for about two hitches (14 and 14) one summer and made enough to pretty much live on for the next semester of college. It has quite a few downsides obviously.
The reason it pays so well is that it's demanding and dangerous.

Yeah, I would think so. I wouldn't want to make a career out of it for sure, but hell, if you're young putting college off for a couple years to bank some cash might not be a bad idea. Especially in today's job climate.

• Members

My orignal plan was to get a BSN nurseing degree and go into a Nurse Anesthetist program. That would have been nice...160K

Oops.

all's not lost

you can school forumites on the proper usage of element symbology >>> :o2

• Members

Yeah, I would think so. I wouldn't want to make a career out of it for sure, but hell, if you're young putting college off for a couple years to bank some cash might not be a bad idea. Especially in today's job climate.

My dad got injured out there in 82 or 83 and hasn't been able to work since. I keep thinking about going back out there and stockpiling money, but I don't know. I worked out there for less than a month total and narrowly escaped snapping my leg in half.

• Members

Oops.

Keep your nose to the ground. If you are physically/mentally able to put in the work and get the grades, stick to your decision. Figure out what you wanna do for a job after you're an MD.

Archived