Chicago Gig Spam: House of Blues, Saturday June 9th!

this is paul

• Members

Looks like we'll be opening a show at House of Blues in just under 3 weeks! Tickets are going to be $10 in advance with some pretty cool incentives were going to run (guitar giveaway, get a song written for you, etc...). Basically each ticket will be equal to a raffle ticket.

Check out our band at:

http://universe.bandcamp.com/

More details soon!

• Members

{censored} yea. Raging pop punk style amongst metal bands
:thu:

Probably not worth upsetting her
:lol:

Well, I'd say I'd get her drunk and its all good. But I can't afford to get her drunk @ the HoB. :lol::cry:

• Members

How was that show? I almost went. I love the House...for everything except beer prices.

It was pretty cool. Decapitated sorta sucked, I kinda felt bad for them. Baroness was awesome. My first time seeing them and they were tight as hell and backing vocals sounded better than on any youtube vids I've seen.

Meshuggah tore the place up. Their light show was amazing, their playing was amazing. It was pretty epic. I'm glad I got to see them live.

The thing that blew my mind was how CLEAR their mix was. Playing tuned to Q chugga/djent/whatever you could hear both guitars clearly, the bass sounded awesome and Thomas on the drums was killer. I'd never heard a band that heavy have such a clear mix. It was awesome.

edit: And yeah, it was my first time @ the HoB. That place is pretty cool. Beer prices are nuts though. :lol:

Archived