Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Cat Cougar

I tried the 50 watt combo today and it was actually really awesome. They are made in china which is strange coming from bad cat. Anyone else had a chance to try one out? Wondering how the reliability will be on these.
    Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob and the Parker Clan

About as good as the reliability of other Chinese made amps. I'm sure tubes will be sub par as well. Don't expect higher quality transformers, power supply caps, jacks, and pots either.

Can it last? Yes, but never would I expect it to last as long as older Marshall, Fender, Mesa etc.

I have done ok with a lot of stuff made in China etc. But I take them apart and re-solder things like power supply parts, jack connections and other areas of heat concerns so not to have the parts either vibrate loose or fall out due to excess heat and very little solder.

Comment

Vid claims they come with JJ's and a V-30.

$999 head and $1,299 combo (street)

They also have a Cougar "5 watter", in the $500 range.

Here's a newer amp called the "Bobcat"

Mesa Boogie MK III
      Marshall DSL 50
      JCA 20H
      ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
      Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
      Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
      Fender HM Strat
      Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

Where can you but one? The web site does not even show em.

Comment

No way I would pay that for a Chinese made amp. Too many old USA point to point wired amps available for much less.
          Fender USA Thinskin Jaguar (lake placid blue)
          Fender USA Thinskin Jazzmaster (ocean turquoise)
          Fender Jaguar Special HH (black)
          Fender Marauder (lake placid blue)
          Squier VM Jaguar (surf green)
          Gibson ES-335 (satin black)
          Gibson SG Special (brown)
          rig: Hardwire Polyphonic Tuner-Way Huge Swollen Pickle-Way Huge Green Rhino-EH LPB1-Morley Maverick Wah-Morley Mini Volume-Line 6 M5-Line 6 M5- Digitech Jamman Solo-Sunn 100S Head-Johnson 112 Cab-Peavey 112 Cab

Comment

Is it vintage......most cougars are you know.......*le* :| oke:
            '12 Carvin DC800
            '08 Loomis FR EMG 707's
            ---
            Splawn Quickrod EL34's (Purple)
            AxeFX Ultra
            ART SLA-2

http://www.youtube.com/aconstantbattle
            ---
            Super Sexy Splawn Society

Comment

Where can you but one? The web site does not even show em.

I don't know if you can get them online yet. My local guitar shop had it in. They kind of have a thing for getting in new items before anyone else. Also the video sucks a lot.
              Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob and the Parker Clan

Comment

Sounds horrible.
                HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread. The newer vid on Youtube of the 50 watt Cougar amp sounds good, but some info for those interested; I talked to someone at Bad Cat, and apparently the Cougars are actually not a Bad Cat USA product, hence them not even being listed on the Bad Cat site. Apparently the old owners of Bad Cat had a licensing agreement with Hanzer Musical Group, the company that makes Kustom amps, to use the Bad Cat name for this import series. I'm not sure whether the Bad Cat people had any input or design involvement with the amps themselves, or if it was a 100% Hanzer design. Kind of an odd situation. Also i guess this licensing agreement expires next year, so other than these first shipments that came out, there may not be much more until the licensing negotiations either extend the agreement or cancel it. Just thought i'd share the info i learned, for what it's worth.
                  Good deals on here with: Carbohydrates, nyk03x2, ChrisTheAsian, Jim Hunter, jonboy1974,

RIG:

AMPS:
                  Orange TH30 1x12"
                  Diezel Einstein

EFFECTS:
                  Line 6 M9
                  Devi Ever Shoegazer
                  Keeley Katana
                  EH POG2, Freeze
                  Earthquaker Ghost Disaster

GUITARS:
                  Fender American HH Telecaster x 2 (Shoreline Gold, Black)
                  Gibson Nighthawk Studio x 2 (Silverburst, Goldtop)
                  Rickenbacker 360
                  Taylor 214

Comment

awesome i didnt realize these were out. my bad cat hot cat was one of my favorite amps(along with my bogner 101)

I don't think they will tarnish their name with shody work but it will certainly not be the quality of their USA stuff.

edit: lol necro thread. well that sucks

Comment

Working...
                    X