Queensryche dump Tate for new singer

Mesa/Kramer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW

It must suck for singer as they age and lose their 'pipes', guitarists and other musicians might be able to get around losing skills to some point, but for singers its just terrible, i do feel bad for them

Early Queensryche is total kickass

• Members

Queensryche was Geoff Tate. I don't care if he was starting to lose his voice. They might as well change their name.

This feeds into my theory the band tired of the direction Tate was taking them/took them. And judging from the article it looks like they did change their name with the new guy. :idk:

• Members

Sounds like they still have Queensryche shows on the schedule?

I believe that they are finishing their scheduled shows, then most likely call it quits publicly with Geoff moving on with his acoustic stuff and the other members with the new project

• Members

Queensryche was Geoff Tate. I don't care if he was starting to lose his voice. They might as well change their name.

um they did change their name to Rising West. :poke:

and the new singer is amazing :love: he sounds like Tate on his best days.

Tate is an amazing singer with an enormous ego (I worked with the QR tech crew in my industry days) and was just taking the band down.

New singer:

[video=youtube;BQqkrxh_PlQ]

• Members

WRONG. Tate may be the voice, but Chris DeGarmo was the soul of Queensryche.

Hear In The Now Frontier may be a commercial failure, but that is far better than the albums they've made after that (he came back for Tribes though).

• Members

Big +1

I must say that I'm not too shocked by this news. I watched them perform this past Sunday at Rocklahoma (televised on HDNET) and Geoff Tate had quite an attitude on him during the show. Even made a couple of snide remarks to the crowd. The band sounded great but had no energy throughout the performance.

Whats weird is that the report on Metal Sludge is exactly how the show fared out at Rocklahoma. Didn't even stick around with the band to bow to the crowd at the end of their performance.

• Members

Big +1

I must say that I'm not too shocked by this news. I watched them perform this past Sunday at Rocklahoma (televised on HDNET) and Geoff Tate had quite an attitude on him during the show. Even made a couple of snide remarks to the crowd. The band sounded great but had no energy throughout the performance.

Whats weird is that the report on Metal Sludge is exactly how the show fared out at Rocklahoma. Didn't even stick around with the band to bow to the crowd at the end of their performance.

I worked with the QR tech crew in the early 00's when they ordered some custom effects from the company I was working for. Tate was universally disliked by the band and crew to the point they wouldn't even try to hide it.

He also owns the name and logo of the band and pretty much everyone else is an employee or treated like one.

• Members

Hear In The Now Frontier may be a commercial failure, but that is far better than the albums they've made after that (he came back for Tribes though).

Werd

• Members

They have been historically relevant for about 20 years.

Fixed. They may have not been the flavor of the month for the last 2 decades, but you CANNOT seriously talk about the history of 80's and 90's metal without mentioning QR. They made a mark in heavy music's history for sure. Hate all you want.

• Members

I worked with the QR tech crew in the early 00's when they ordered some custom effects from the company I was working for. Tate was universally disliked by the band and crew to the point they wouldn't even try to hide it.

He also owns the name and logo of the band and pretty much everyone else is an employee or treated like one.

Yeah, it seemed like after Degarmo left, stories of Tates compulsive behavior exponentially got worse and ended up becoming jaded with everything that was Queensryche, fans included.

I gotta ask, who was a bigger prick...Tate or Rockenfield? I've read and heard from followers that Rockenfield was a fine piece himself :lol:

• Members

Yeah, it seemed like after Degarmo left, stories of Tates compulsive behavior exponentially got worse and ended up becoming jaded with everything that was Queensryche, fans included.

I gotta ask, who was a bigger prick...Tate or Rockenfield? I've read and heard from followers that Rockenfield was a fine piece himself
:lol:

Someone had a great story about Rockenfield here, was it Sheik or Billy that told this douchebaggery?

• Members

Fixed. They may have not been the flavor of the month for the last 2 decades, but you CANNOT seriously talk about the history of 80's and 90's metal without mentioning QR. They made a mark in heavy music's history for sure. Hate all you want.

They did, over 20 years ago. They have sucked so hard since then, calling them anything but a failure is a disservice to music in general.

• Members

I gotta ask, who was a bigger prick...Tate or Rockenfield? I've read and heard from followers that Rockenfield was a fine piece himself
:lol:

To be clear, I never dealt with them personally, just with their tech crew and stage director. They never said anything negative about Rockenfield so I don't know. But they all openly disliked Tate.

• Members

Big +1

Saw it on hdnet band sounded spot on but DAM the vox were so bad I had to do a double take to see if it was really him - i lasted 2 songs and put on South Park :)

Archived