Tell ya what: My AC-100CPH is really really good!!

jhall

• Members

I talked about it when I first traded my BlackStar Dual Stage 60 2x12 combo for this head. I liked the Blackstar fine but I did the trade on an impulse and I have tons of good amps.

After using it (on a 1970s Marshall 4x12 Cab) for a few weeks I found that with my Box of Rock in front of it, it has that Marshall roar that I've allways been chasing but never got until now. I thought I'd use the BOR in front of the "lower gain " side of tha amp clean and use the BOR for crunch. But I found that whan I have the gain gind of high on the lower gain side (think Plexi-ish gain) and slam into THAT with the BOR both on boost and distortion My SG sounds huge and full through it. You can hear every single note in a six note chord and you can pull harmonics and squeals at will.

Also the feedback is controlable and usable.

Then a click off of the distortion side of the BOR and toggling back to the neck pickup dialed down and the clean (relative clean anyways) is delish.

I tried tha amp with my SD-1 too and it is good but the Box of Rock beats it up and steals its lunch money!!

• Members
what in the world?

So you want the Marshall roar and you acquired a Vox?

Cool, I think? As long as you're happy that is... Those are cool amps. The Blackstars are not my favorite. At all.

I know right? But most of the Marshalls I've played sounded really nasaly in the room to me and this Vox (I wasn't looking for that sound per se)
But I can't deny the sound it gets with the BOR. It is "that sound" to me. I could even be full of {censored} and mabye I don't know what I'm Talking about :facepalm:
But It's fun as hell to play!!

Archived