Proud day to be British

paulintheuk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Serious question, why are you proud to be British because some old lady hasn't died yet?

Because it's a good excuse to bring the commonwealth together and celebrate being part of something.

Ps since when have the British needed too much of an excuse to party?!?

Why do you celebrate thanksgiving? When really it just means your founding fathers were too thick to bring food with them... Though one of them brought 140+ pairs of shoes...

• Members

Thanks giving didn't involve founding fathers. And it happened years after the landing in plymouth. It happened after several bad crop seasons. No one brings that much food with them. Brush up on history before you try and slam it.

• Members

Thanks giving didn't involve founding fathers. And it happened years after the landing in plymouth. It happened after several bad crop seasons. No one brings that much food with them. Brush up on history before you try and slam it.

Seriously, learn your own {censored}ing history arsehole

• Members

Waste of money and the concept of hereditary privilege is abhorrent.

I feel ashamed to be British.

Ah you're Scottish you would say that ;)

Other countries may not have royalty but they ALL have privileged classes so why worry?

• Members

Hey.

Thanks for Lucy Pinder!

oh my god this.

the disgusting things I would do to that woman.

"oh, you don't want to have sex tonight? don't worry baby. how about a full body massage, when is the last time we visited your parents? want me to make you dinner? breakfast in bed? drag my balls through broken glass just to open a door for you?"

• Members

Waste of money and the concept of hereditary privilege is abhorrent.

I feel ashamed to be British.

The royals bring in a lot of money now through public relations, doing business with other countries that have royal families. Those countries prefer do business with others of their stature,be it wrong or right.

They can also use their fame to draw attention to global issues..

• Members

Well, as it turns out, democratically elected governments haven't done any better and have possibly done worse than the monarchies they replaced. So, good for the Queen even though she does {censored} all? :idk:

Archived