Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZZW30........way tae go fella

ps Queen schmeen

Comment

I'm proud to be British, the whole jubilee thing has been good. I enjoyed the concert tonight too, thought it looked great.

I like the heritage and history that the royal family have.
      ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©©º°¨¨°º© ©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨ ¨°º©

Sandhills Studios, Liverpool UK

Comment

Britain... **************** YEAH?

Just doesn't have the same ring.

How about...

Britain - I should jolly well say so!
        My Guitar Collection - An ongoing project...

Comment

Because it's a good excuse to bring the commonwealth together and celebrate being part of something.

Ps since when have the British needed too much of an excuse to party?!?

Why do you celebrate thanksgiving? When really it just means your founding fathers were too thick to bring food with them... Though one of them brought 140+ pairs of shoes...

Well, they were British so we gave 'em a pass
          Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

I'm Irish and have no love for the royals, but what the ****************? I don't get why it's such a big deal for the British to actually celebrate something! I mean so what? I live in England and have no problem with the English having some ****************ing pride for once.

IMO, there wouldn't be this much flak over any other nationality celebratiing their heritage; I guess the british are a safe racial target, right? I'd like to see you giving **************** to someone celebrating Deepvali. My guess is the cat would most definitely have your tongue!
            Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas

Good transactions:
            StevePage (b)
            Deadeye Dom (s)
            Maiden_Fan (s)
            metareal (s)
            YourGuitarHero (b)
            Ratae Coritanorum (b)
            ¤ Matt ¤ (s)

Comment

Comment

I'm Irish and have no love for the royals, but what the ****************? I don't get why it's such a big deal for the British to actually celebrate something! I mean so what? I live in England and have no problem with the English having some ****************ing pride for once.

IMO, there wouldn't be this much flak over any other nationality celebratiing their heritage; I guess the british are a safe racial target, right? I'd like to see you giving **************** to someone celebrating Deepvali. My guess is the cat would most definitely have your tongue!

My comment was just a silly joke and not meant to demean the Queen. I would have loved to have been there to watch the flotilla.
                Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

Comment

I don't know what deepvali is.
                    " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

why are you proud of being Scottish? Worst diet in Europe? Highest heart disease? Highest alcoholism?

Or is the the kilt? (irish) tartan? (Irish) whiskey? (Irish) bagpipes? (Irish) haggis? (English actually)

Or is it just the fact that we kicked your arse in a few wars back in the day? So what, get over it.

Check your facts. The kilt isn't Irish. Clan tartans were an invention of an English quaker merchant. Bagpipes predate both classical Irish and Scottish pipes.

However, most cool stuff about Scotland does come from Ireland
                      Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                      Warmoth Custom Soloist
                      Ibanez S370
                      Gibson SG Special
                      '77 Marshall JMP 2203
                      http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
                      --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

I'm guessing if this was American it would catch more flak. And it's not targeting English, or bashing them in general. The negative comments really stem from the existence of monarchy and the celebration of a useless event. If the topic was the celebration of a historic victory against oppressors or something of the like you'd prolly have seen zero flak.

And by the way I do enjoy the Brits and its lands. Have a ball everytime I've been there, plenty of Brit frieds too.
                        Ampeg Jet II J-12R
                        Crazy country fried iceman- THE COUNTRY MAN

Fulltone OCD
                        Way Huge Aqua Puss
                        BBE Sonic Stomp
                        TC Polytune

Looking for:
                        Nocturne Pedals

Good Deals with: xjeffsevernx

Comment

Democracy sucks.

Monarchy sucks.

Having both sucks the most.

Comment

Just fastforward to 10 or so...

Originally Posted by Elemenope

You get 1 free punch...They can't hit you back..Call the cops..Anything. Who??

Originally Posted by RSBro

madryan

Rack building thread...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ies-rig...-Pix

Amp Packing Tutorial

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ial&highlight=

Comment

About the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving:

They taught us in grade school that they left England because of "religious persecution". Actually, they were of the opinion that England was too sinful, so they moved to Holland. Then, they freaked out because their kids were all speaking Dutch instead of English, so the majority of them went into debt to move to the New World, indenturing themselves to the wealthy Puritans to pay for their passage.

Holier than Thou, Speak English or Die, Workin' for The Man. Only been about 400 years, nothing has changed.

My great-grandparents were English illegal aliens. Suck it, Blue Bloods!

Happy Jubilee, my great-grand-brothers!
                              Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

Rock hardness called that one

Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

But then again, it's the internet and everyone is a hunk with a 12" cock, great job, fast car, hot gf and loads money in the bank and Mila Kunis has pointy knees.

Comment

Ah you're Scottish you would say that

Other countries may not have royalty but they ALL have privileged classes so why worry?

That doesn't make it right though.

I just think that such an elaborate and expensive celebration is wrong when the country is struggling for money and services and benefits for lots of people are being cut.
                                I see it a lot at my work (in volunteering); funding cuts everywhere and lots of needy people being left by the wayside.
                                Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X