Clear All

Just thought I'd say!

Congratulations to the Queen on her diamond Jubilee

I figured the dentist was in
    MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

lol, thread is backfiring, who'd a thunk it
      The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

I would say it too.. I too am Scottish and I'm proud to be Scottish , which is something I can't say about being British

why are you proud of being Scottish? Worst diet in Europe? Highest heart disease? Highest alcoholism?

Or is the the kilt? (irish) tartan? (Irish) whiskey? (Irish) bagpipes? (Irish) haggis? (English actually)

Or is it just the fact that we kicked your arse in a few wars back in the day? So what, get over it.
        I may not be cool, good looking or rich...But I know where my towel is

Good deals with Chris.Novak, neilrocks25 and headlow was a gent

Comment

lol, thread is backfiring, who'd a thunk it

Actually it's exactly what I expected and I'm enjoying it!

Ps actually I consider myself English, why would I want to be associated with Scotland (though I generally like the Welsh)

Comment

I don't understand why you'd be proud of what you've done to democracy

I didn't say I was proud of anything. I simply don't understand why anyone would care that the Queen has reigned for sixty years.
            Guitars: USA Peavey Wolfgang, MIJ Ibanez SCA220, Squier Telecaster Custom, Taylor 110e
            Amps: 1989 Peavey VTM60, 1969 Sunn Sceptre
            Cabs Avatar Vintage 4x12 w/ WGS Green Berets, Basson Vertical Slant 2x12 w/ Eminence Legends
            Pedals Korg Pitchblack, BBE Green Screamer, BAT Pharaoh Fuzz, MXR Carbon Copy, Line 6 Echo Park

Comment

Shows had sheep like the USA has become if they all believe some bull**************** stereotype about our teeth. Also: **************** superior bloodlines.
              Amplification:
              ENGL Savage Special Edition
              Marshall JVM210H
              Marshall JMP-1
              Line 6 PodXT
              Framus Dragon 4x12

Guitars:

ESP LTD H-207
              Schecter PT Blackjack
              Yamaha Studio Lord SL700S
              Agile Intrepid 8
              Charvel So-Cal
              Squier Stratocaster Korean Project

SCHECTER SOCIETY

Comment

I didn't say I was proud of anything. I simply don't understand why anyone would care that the Queen has reigned for sixty years.

I apologise, I guess unless you were raised with monarchy you wouldn't get it... It's just a case of national pride really. Guess you have nothing similar to compare it too.

Comment

Waste of money and the concept of hereditary privilege is abhorrent.
                  I feel ashamed to be British.

****************ing this. At a time when people are struggling more than ever to find work and keep a house over their head, the thought of celebrating some one born into a very very rich life and no need to do a single days work pisses me off.

Proud to be British? no. Why be proud of something that happened by accident of birth. Be proud of your achievements, don't be proud of something that you had no say in.
                  Guitars:
                  PRS Single Cut Trem
                  PRS CE22
                  Fender CIJ Strat
                  Ibanez GSR180

Amp:
                  Digitech GSP1101
                  Peavey Classic 120 Power Amp
                  Marshall 1936 2x12

Good deals with Satannica, Kaz2550, SimonC, Markymarc1979, Chris.novak

My Music: http://soundcloud.com/steve-p-5

Comment

Shows had sheep like the USA has become if they all believe some bull**************** stereotype about our teeth. Also: **************** superior bloodlines.

Never said they were superior

Comment

****************ing this. At a time when people are struggling more than ever to find work and keep a house over their head, the thought of celebrating some one born into a very very rich life and no need to do a single days work pisses me off.

So I take it you believe that all premiership footballers should be neutered?

Comment

Never said they were superior

Amplification:
                        ENGL Savage Special Edition
                        Marshall JVM210H
                        Marshall JMP-1
                        Line 6 PodXT
                        Framus Dragon 4x12

Guitars:

ESP LTD H-207
                        Schecter PT Blackjack
                        Yamaha Studio Lord SL700S
                        Agile Intrepid 8
                        Charvel So-Cal
                        Squier Stratocaster Korean Project

SCHECTER SOCIETY

Comment

I apologise, I guess unless you were raised with monarchy you wouldn't get it... It's just a case of national pride really. Guess you have nothing similar to compare it too.

Again, I'm being serious in wondering why it's a point of pride for you. I have no issue with being patriotic, but I guess I feel like you are saying that you are proud to be British because of the Queen's birthday (I realize this is not the same). The two don't seem to be connected to me. You simply have no influence over either.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding how your monarchy works in that it seems to me that they don't really have any influence on the country. At least not any more than any rich celebrity does.

Finally, this isn't a USA vs. GBR thing. I like England. I listen to Talk****************e radio on a daily basis. Thoroughly enjoyed the Blue side's victory over the scum in the final minute. Wish we had NHS etc. I'm genuinely interested in why you seem to be proud of something like the Queen's Jubilee unless you are part of the royal bloodline.

Comment

If The brits got rid of their royals, they would be just like...dare I say, France.

Comment

I'm Canadian and I think it's pretty cool. She seems like a really nice lady.

Comment

why are you proud of being Scottish? Worst diet in Europe? Highest heart disease? Highest alcoholism?

Or is the the kilt? (irish) tartan? (Irish) whiskey? (Irish) bagpipes? (Irish) haggis? (English actually)

Or is it just the fact that we kicked your arse in a few wars back in the day? So what, get over it.

Macadamised roads - John Loudon McAdam
                                Pedal bycycle - Kirkpatrick Macmillan
                                Pneumatic tyre - Robert William Thomson and John Boyd Dunlop
                                Overhead valve engine - David Dunbar Buick
                                Tubular steel - Sir William Fairbairn
                                Condensing steam engine improvements - James Watt
                                Logarithms - John Napier
                                The pyroscope, atmometer and aethrioscope scientific instruments - Sir John Leslie
                                The MRI body scanner - John Mallard and James Huchinson
                                Pioneering the use of surgical anaesthesia with Chloroform - Sir James Young Simpson
                                Identifying the mosquito as the carrier of malaria - Sir Ronald Ross

Those are the not so well known ones, here are some most people will know...

The television - John Logie Baird
                                The refrigerator - William Cullen
                                The flush toilet - Alexander Cummings
                                The piano footpedal - John Broadwood
                                Penicillin - Alexander Fleming

and dare I say it...

Bank of England devised by William Paterson

I could go on, but that's already enough to make me proud to be Scottish, I won't ask what reason you have to be proud to be English as no doubt you will tell me, but I'm not interested in the slightest ;p

God save the queen.. 4th verse...

"come up and crush ye rebel Scots"... I don't think so, fought the English off at Bannockburn and the numbers that turn up at Hampden is laughable lol.

On a serious note.. I have a lot of good English friends and in no way want to cause anyone any offence, I have absolutely nothing against the English... well, just the English media and the BBC tbh... when Scotland or a Scottish person does well.. is Britain or Brittish, when England or and English person does well.. it's England or English, when Scotland or a Scottish person do something wrong/bad.. it's Scotland or Scottish.. when England or an English person does wrong/bad... it's Britain or Brittish.

Andy Murry (tennis player) looses he is Scottish, when he wins he is Brittish... it's the same story with everything, no wonder us Scots are sick of Britain.

Comment

Working...
                                X