I've developed a new love for P-100s.

BillyCorgan

• Members

I wonder how close they sound to the Gibson P94s, I have some in an LTD Viper of mine and they sound fantastic.

Awesome tones, despite YT quality. Diezels always sound win
:love:

my SG is 500T split in the bridge, P94 in the neck :love: and ive never bothered to actually check, but they may be out of phase. better call klops.

• Members

I had a set in my LP Jr...pulled 'em out and put Gibby P90's in.

The 90's are rawer...but the 100's sound more modern and smooth...and are MUCH quieter.

Different...but difficult to say one's better than the other. Just depends on what you're doing with 'em.

(Thru a Herbert too ;))

• Members

Dude that sounds really damn good! I have been really enjoying using my L-290-TL (which is a stacked humbucker in the vein of a P90) and it sounds absolutely awesome! It is not quite as modern as your sound, but it has some serious bite and clarity!

I would love to hear more of those P100s :thu:

Cole

• Members

I had a set in my LP Jr...pulled 'em out and put Gibby P90's in.

The 90's are rawer...but the 100's sound more modern and smooth...and are MUCH quieter.

Different...but difficult to say one's better than the other. Just depends on what you're doing with 'em.

(Thru a Herbert too
;)
)

It's definitely hard to say which are better. I love the 90s in my '67 SG Special too. Played my entire last practice with that guitar. I think i'm taking both guitars to my band's show next week.

Archived