OT: What do you really think about Rob Chappers?

iloveespguitars

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure I'd like him as a person if I met him but here is what I think of him as what he is now (A semi-famous youtube guitar player)... just cause you asked

- That retarded headband he wears makes him look... retarded

- His cheap-ass 1980s glasses make him look like a massive dork.

- His choice of notes when playing blues is the most un-bluesy {censored} ever

- His video editing is annoying as hell.

- He's kinda fat and wears dumpy clothes all the time. Not a big deal but the total opposite of cool.

- His playing (chops, style, note choice) is, in my opinion, totally boring and "stock" shred crap. He does not do anything remotely interesting on the guitar.

- On the plus side I found his mode video to be well done.

The recent videos on Fretted Americana detail a tour he's doing with the Drills (Phil X) in the UK and they're calling Chappers "The British Phil X". That's a huge insult to Phil X who actually rocks the hell out of the guitar AND has a unique, interesting style AND looks like a rock star. I don't see Bon Jovi calling Rob Chappers anytime soon. haha

With all that said that's just my take - I'm a total hater on that guy.

• Members

I think hes a really good player and plays versatile stuff on his reviews, thats better than most review type clips

His Andertons vids are getting siller and at times almost tough to watch (2 much goofiness at times) but still they are pretty good videos ---- The guy looks like a cool guy, hes having a blast and there is nothing wrong with that

On a side note, ------ is he really losing his hair at a fast rate? Im NOT making fun of the guy, (not at all!) but it seems like like he has lost alot of hair in a short time (i noticed when he removed that bandana/headband) It looks like its going pretty fast? Or was he always thinning like that or was just it a bad camera angle? :confused:

Still a great player, not sure if i like his guitar (need to try one, not sure if they are in states) and overall good reviews (when not being 2 goofy) and looks like a fun guy to talk to and laugh over {censored} and grab a beer with..

:idk:

• Members

Its a Christmas Vid in England they are most likely drunk.

I makes sense to me
:idk:

Edit yep there drunk, for me its just fun to watch... Though I am drinking whiskey and coke right now.

But I kinda wanted to hear the amp :(

• Members

Most of his review videos seem drawn out and not very good IMO. I also don't really care for his playing. He seems like a ok guy but for reviewing gear he's not usually a option I even bother watching anymore. I find other sources.

Archived