No announcement yet.

Nietzsche

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nietzsche

Been ponderin' existence lately, thus, Nietzsche is being read.

Familiar topic?

Discuss
    HCAF's resident meathead.

This thread is absurd, and ultimately meaningless.
    Good Transactions - Peavey VTM Mods Lounge
    The Legacy Of...

Comment

There is no spoon...
      Originally Posted by Elemenope

You get 1 free punch...They can't hit you back..Call the cops..Anything. Who??

Originally Posted by RSBro

madryan

Rack building thread...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ies-rig...-Pix

Amp Packing Tutorial

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ial&highlight=

Comment

I read several of his books during law school, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, The Antichrist, On the Genealogy of Morals and Beyond Good and Evil for sure. Sadly, like law school, I remember very little about it.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

I'm a fan of his writings.
          Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Nietzsche -- one of my favorite Dandy Warhols tracks. That's what this thread is about right?
            My YouTube Channel -- Videos From Shows I Have Attended

Comment

This thread is absurd, and ultimately meaningless.

!!!

Comment

I read several of his books during law school, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, The Antichrist, On the Genealogy of Morals and Beyond Good and Evil for sure. Sadly, like law school, I remember very little about it.

VERY good ****************, I am starting from his beginnings right now with The Birth of a Tragedy

Comment

VERY good ****************, I am starting from his beginnings right now with The Birth of a Tragedy

I actually love Zarathustra and found it somehow inspiring to read, which I don't think is the norm. My friends all said it was pretty much the most depressing thing they ever read.

Comment

Chuy's tonight, bishes
                    #NoLimitCornballBrother

BRO CLUB: RSBro

Originally Posted by Phrophus

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Originally Posted by Holy War

I thought you were black for some reason...

Originally Posted by Murdoch

Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.

Originally Posted by jnurp

im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

Comment

I actually love Zarathustra and found it somehow inspiring to read, which I don't think is the norm. My friends all said it was pretty much the most depressing thing they ever read.

I haven't read it, maybe I will pick it up today. I can see finding inspiration in the despicable representation of fundamental existence. I always liked this passage

"The ecstasy of the Dionysian state, with its destruction of the customary manacles and boundaries of existence, contains, of course, for as long as it lasts a lethargic element, in which everything personally experienced in the past is immersed. Because of this gulf of oblivion, the world of everyday reality and the world of Dionysian reality separate from each other. But as soon as that daily reality comes back again into consciousness, one feels it as something disgusting. The fruit of that state is an ascetic condition, in which one denies the power of the will. In this sense the Dionysian man has similarities to Hamlet: both have had a real glimpse into the essence of things. They have understood, and it now disgusts them to act, for their action can change nothing in the eternal nature of things. They perceive as ridiculous or humiliating the fact that they are expected to set right a world which is out of joint. The knowledge kills action, for action requires a state of being in which we are covered with the veil of illusion

Comment

never really felt like nietzsche was depressing. definitely inspiring stuff, and always felt like the advice to look to yourself, your experience, and your own drive to be as much as you can be despite even terrible conditions , and that externally organized 'realities' seldom are- was good advice, and helpful.

beyond good and evil is a survival manual for modern culture..

hell-- just the idea that it's a good idea to resist systemization- but to weigh all aspects and judge situations fluidly-- and the idea that there's a difference between ethics and morals was a huge kick in the teeth to me in my 20's.

Comment

Because of this thread, I'm tempted to go pick up the Birth of Tragedy this weekend.

Comment

Because of this thread, I'm tempted to go pick up the Birth of Tragedy this weekend.

do it, you son of a bitch.

Comment

do it, you son of a bitch.

I should, but I'd like to actually read the last book I picked up first.

Comment

Working...
                              X