Celestion Lynchbacks ordered!!!

richedie

• Members

I am excited to get these speakers. $250 shipped. I talked multiple times to Celestion techs and reps and some guys I know up there, plus some cabinet builders and a friend who was at the New York amp show.

I have two amps, Bogner 20th Shiva and PWE Event Horizon and ordering a Splawn Streetrod. Three cabs, Bogner 212 with Celestion V30s that is a perfect match for the Bogner and PWE. THD 212 with Celestion G12K-100s. The Lynchbacks will go in my Stone Age 212C.

For the Stone Age, I wanted a more vintage vibe, but not harsh. I want it to be Greenback flavored and to work well with all my amps, especially the Splawn Street Rod. I thought about the G12-65s, but I find them too dark for my PWE and Bogner. Same with Scumbacks, too smooth for my Bogner and PWE, not a good match. V30s easily won that battle. The new Celestion Creambacks are apparently amazing but have the high end sizzle/spike and woody mids. The Lynchback is rounder, smoother and a bit darker than the Creamback and Greenbacks in general so it could be a happy compromise to work with all of my amps. If they don't work out, I will order the Creambacks or maybe mix one Creamback and one Lynchback.

Interesting part is, that even though I like George Lynch, I don't play 80s metal. I am in two bands, a 90s cover band called Pearl Garden and a modern rock, Indy project.

I will give a full review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

These speakers are incredible. Like a smoother greenback with less mids which works great for my amps which have lots of mids. I am ordering a Splawn Streetrod and Scott Splawn said the Lynchbacks are smoother than his Small Block speaker or greenbacks. They have less greenback sizzle and mids, mids are more subdued....this should match well with my Splawn and be a nice change for my PWE and Bogner. So cabs I have are Bogner with V30s, Stone Age with Lynchbacks and THD with G12K-100s. I was told a 212 cab with a 14" depth would orffer more bass, but do I need it? These cabs sound huge and I compared all to my Marshall 412 before I sold it! Would he cool to have one cab with Creambacks however. ;)

Archived