The Texas father who beat up the guy abusing his daughter? Not being charged.

Murdoch

• Members

I knew he wouldn't be. Awesome to see. I hope that even though he wasn't able to get there in time for his daughter, his ability to protect the situation helps. I really was wondering how that would play into her now broken psych. You know, if it would mess her up even more to have watched her dad beat a guy to death, or if it kind of allowed her to feel somewhat protected after beign so violated.

• Members

Great news, but the repurcussions of this {censored}ing scumbags actions will last 2 lifetimes...the daughter will probably never be the same, having been raped as a 5 year old, and the dad will probably never be the same having killed a man. {censored}ing whole situation sucks hard core, but at least there is justice to the degree that justice can be had.

• Members

Great news, but the repurcussions of this {censored}ing scumbags actions will last 2 lifetimes...the daughter will probably never be the same, having been raped as a 5 year old, and the dad will probably never be the same having killed a man. {censored}ing whole situation sucks hard core, but at least there is justice to the degree that justice can be had.

That's what I was kind of discussing with my coworkers. What the event will do to their minds. I imagine the dad can shake it off. Heat of battle (lol). I've never killed a man, but that doesn't seem like, given the situation, that it's going to be such a mental explosion. He killed the guy, yes, but instinct basically took over. He protected his daughter sort of. My wonder, though, is what it does to the girls psych. I imagine she was probably there while all this happened...

• Members

That's what I was kind of discussing with my coworkers. What the event will do to their minds. I imagine the dad can shake it off. Heat of battle (lol). I've never killed a man, but that doesn't seem like, given the situation, that it's going to be such a mental explosion. He killed the guy, yes, but instinct basically took over. He protected his daughter sort of. My wonder, though, is what it does to the girls psych. I imagine she was probably there while all this happened...

I imagine she was there as well...thats a lot of traumatic {censored} for a 5 year old, but maybe shes so young that she wont REALLY remember? I dunno...I dunno much about kids, yet. As far as the dad...Every one is different. I like to think that in that kind of situation, I wouldnt lose sleep over it, but in reality...who the hell knows. Taking a life isnt an easy thing to mentally/emotionally do and not lose sleep over, I imagine.

• Members

I imagine she was there as well...thats a lot of traumatic {censored} for a 5 year old, but maybe shes so young that she wont REALLY remember? I dunno...I dunno much about kids, yet. As far as the dad...Every one is different. I like to think that in that kind of situation, I wouldnt lose sleep over it, but in reality...who the hell knows. Taking a life isnt an easy thing to mentally/emotionally do and not lose sleep over, I imagine.

Plus, there's another thing to consider as well. It's not like he pulled a trigger and shot the guy, BLAMMO, it's over. He literally beat this man to death with his bare hands.

• Members

I agree with the general sentiment, but I'm pretty sure the dad is gonna be messed up by this pretty badly as well. Maybe not so much by the fact that he killed someone, but by the entire situation. I'm pretty sure he has and will continue to lose sleep. I know that I'd be all {censored}ed up if I were in his shoes.

If you are a human being, the act of killing another human being will affect you deeply. It's not something you walk away from and forget. You can find comfort in the knowledge that you had either no other choice or that the crime being committed was so heinous that you can find some solace in losing control. Even killing while in war does that to a person. You either live with it or bury it but you never forget it and it does affect who you are from that day forward.

• Members

Mostly agree. Glad the dad can try to live a normal life, and be there for his daughter. The sad part is that the guy died, because his ass would have gotten blown out, flat tired, had he gone to jail.

• Members

Without sounding insensitive this story really was SO awesome.... really glad to hear it has gotten even cooler... I hope the little girl and the family can return to whatever "normal" is after something like this...

....well played Texas... well played...

• Members

Mostly agree. Glad the dad can try to live a normal life, and be there for his daughter. The sad part is that the guy died, because his ass would have gotten blown out, flat tired, had he gone to jail.

At first I was angry when I read you thought the guy dying was sad... but then I lol'd at the rest of the sentence :)

Archived