Gear Trading Stories

Bee_Gee

• Members

I was flipping through the channels when i stumbled upon a A&E show "barter kings" and it got me thinking about trading up for gear

i had a {censored}ty mountain bike when i was 14 that i traded to a kid in the neighborhood for my first guitar (squier bullet) and amp that started my life as a musician.

im sure some of yall have some badass stories of trading up and getting some sick gear out it

LETS HEAR EM!

• Members

One time I traded my Dunlop Crybaby for a skateboard deck.
:lol::facepalm:

i traded my first skateboard for $30 and some taco bell.

it was a good trade in my book, cause i couldn't ride the thing for {censored}..

• Members

I once put a Mesa Lone Star special on the craigs list barter page. After a couple of weeks I had received no trade offers but a few good cash offers. I finally just sold it for cash.

Two days after selling it, someone offered me a small Winnebago as a trade for it.:mad:

• Members

got an original late 70's / early 80's ibanez TS808 at a flea market when I was 12 (35 now) for $5.

traded it a week or 2 later for a dunlop wah pedal. (worth $20 probably now) :cry::facepalm:

Bought a 1980 Marshall JMP2203 in need of cleanup & tubes for $400 from a methed out tweaker piece of sh*t. :thu:

• Members

Bought the used Ibanez EP7 (with slight dings and stuff for $350) and EP9 (for... $700 or so?) a few years back.

I've had the EP9 a few days prior to EP7 ariving.

I put them both on craigslists with intention of flipping them as soon as the EP7 arrived to see if anyone would take both.

Within an hour of listing, a dude wants to come check out the EP9 and I was asking $900 at the time. He came over and he had intention to buy it for his son so he checked it out. He was curious about the EP7, played it, loved it and paid me $900 for it. I flipped the EP7 for $550 within an hour :lol: this will the story I will be telling for ages.

And the EP9 a few days later I sold to another guy for $900 which was around $200 profit.

$so total is $750 profit in flipping in less than a week. It was a great week :cop:

• Members

I put adds up on CL to trade tattoo time for gear. I get some good stuff sometimes for just a small bit of my time. I got an american strat and a delay pedal last week for 3 hours worth of work. I do allot of bartering in the tattoo shop. Guns ,cars ,motorcycles ,and all kinds of crazy offers.

• Members

After years of trading on CL and being successful at it (started with a LTD 103 and a MG kk 15 and ended up with a Mesa triple recto fullstack and Schecter ATX), I found the secret that worked for me to trade gear that you really dont want and to trade what is in demand until you get what you want! The key is to study what is the hot item and get it and go from there! It took me 2 years of trading and it is not a quick process but it did work for me! Hell, im doing it now and trying to trade my Blue EC 1000!

Archived