Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Trading Stories

I was flipping through the channels when i stumbled upon a A&E show "barter kings" and it got me thinking about trading up for gear

i had a ****************ty mountain bike when i was 14 that i traded to a kid in the neighborhood for my first guitar (squier bullet) and amp that started my life as a musician.

im sure some of yall have some badass stories of trading up and getting some sick gear out it

LETS HEAR EM!
    Good deals with: Conky,airship71

HI BRI BRI
    http://simplehomerecording.com

Comment

I traded a girlfriend for a pack of cigarettes once. She was worth about half that...
      Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas

Good transactions:
      StevePage (b)
      Deadeye Dom (s)
      Maiden_Fan (s)
      metareal (s)
      YourGuitarHero (b)
      Ratae Coritanorum (b)
      ¤ Matt ¤ (s)

Comment

One time I traded my Dunlop Crybaby for a skateboard deck.
        http://simplehomerecording.com

Comment

One time I traded my Dunlop Crybaby for a skateboard deck.

i traded my first skateboard for $30 and some taco bell.
          it was a good trade in my book, cause i couldn't ride the thing for ****************..
          Good deals with: Conky,airship71

Comment

I bought an amp for $40 -
            bought about $10 worth of pot/switch -
            bought a $35 speaker -
            used some grill cloth I had laying around -

traded it for $125
            Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

I traded a couple of G12T-75s straight up for a pair of old Made in England G12-65s a couple years ago. I still feel like I robbed the guy.
              My Rig:
              #1: Jolly Roger Cutlasscaster (Duncan Custom 4/Lil '59)
              #2: Fender MIJ '62RI Strat (Rose BuffBeauty/Robusta/Robusta)
              #3: Ibanez SAS32 (X2N/PAF Pro)
              AudioTechnica Wireless, Boss NS-2, Korg Pitchblack, Boss GE-7, Dunlop Crybaby, Fulltone OCD, TC Nova repeater
              Jet City JCA100H
              Sunn 4x12 (G12-65s/Retro30s)

Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

I traded a hot rod deluxe for a mesa studio 22+ that had some mods done to it by mesa. After I got a recto, my dumbass traded it for a two 60. I still miss that ****************er
                http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy

Originally Posted by decode6

Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.

Originally Posted by Arpanoid

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

Comment

I traded my ENGL Powerball 1st gen vs a LABOGA Mr Hector. Kinda similar amps but I did not need all the channels on the ENGL and the laboga did sound more raw
                  Rock 'n rolling black/death metal :
                  http://www.facebook.com/beerbleeding
                  http://www.myspace.com/beerbleeding

Comment

Traded a Mesa Express 5:50 head that I got brand new for $600 for a Tungsten Crema Wheat (and paid shipping for both amps).

Comment

I traded an Orange Rockerverb 50 for my JMP.

I had a guy offer me kush and LSD for a delay I had on Craigslist but it ended up being my friend messing with me
                      Gibson Les Paul Traditional
                      Warmoth Custom Soloist
                      Ibanez S370
                      Gibson SG Special
                      '77 Marshall JMP 2203
                      http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
                      --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

I once put a Mesa Lone Star special on the craigs list barter page. After a couple of weeks I had received no trade offers but a few good cash offers. I finally just sold it for cash.

Two days after selling it, someone offered me a small Winnebago as a trade for it.
                        Diddlybo
                        -----------------------------------------------
                        Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
                        My current amp selection:
                        Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.

Comment

My friend had a Bugera head, can't remember the model. He made a series of trades and finally ended up with a mint Mesa Roadster.

Why can't that **************** happen to me. That guy is the king of gear trading.
                          Rivera K-Tre
                          Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

got an original late 70's / early 80's ibanez TS808 at a flea market when I was 12 (35 now) for $5.

traded it a week or 2 later for a dunlop wah pedal. (worth $20 probably now)

Bought a 1980 Marshall JMP2203 in need of cleanup & tubes for $400 from a methed out tweaker piece of sh*t.
                            Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

Bought the used Ibanez EP7 (with slight dings and stuff for $350) and EP9 (for... $700 or so?) a few years back.

I've had the EP9 a few days prior to EP7 ariving.

I put them both on craigslists with intention of flipping them as soon as the EP7 arrived to see if anyone would take both.

Within an hour of listing, a dude wants to come check out the EP9 and I was asking $900 at the time. He came over and he had intention to buy it for his son so he checked it out. He was curious about the EP7, played it, loved it and paid me $900 for it. I flipped the EP7 for $550 within an hour this will the story I will be telling for ages.

And the EP9 a few days later I sold to another guy for $900 which was around $200 profit.

$so total is $750 profit in flipping in less than a week. It was a great week

Comment

Working...
                              X