Any one know about Civil war swords?

Snappy Hat

• Members

Rick from Pawn Stars says that they're faked a lot, especially the CSA ones.

we need that picture of him for this thread.

"I'm not really sure, but let me call my buddy Rick down at the Pawn shop who knows all about these things."

• Members

Rick from Pawn Stars says that they're faked a lot, especially the CSA ones.

Ya I read that. I got these from a lady at old job that lived in a extremely wealthy area . She said her great uncle was a black smith and right after the war got these from a soldlier going back home that wanted his horse shoed .

So they did a trade. She ended up with them but said they dont fit her decor so she didnt want them.

I have had these for 12 years now , just thinking of selling one at least.

IMG_0512.jpg

• Members

Appraiser. Go to one.

+1. If they are real they are probably worth some good change. There are so many fakes though it's impossible to say without going to a expert appraiser and getting them verified. I wouldn't sell anything before doing that. They look cool.:thu:

• Members

They look in really nice shape for something that old. Hardly any rust. I'm betting fake. the old lady was probably spicing up the story so she could get rid of them. Nobody gives valuable {censored} away like that.

That. I'd think the scabbards alone would look much more aged.

• Members

Ya I read that. I got these from a lady at old job that lived in a extremely wealthy area . She said her great uncle was a black smith and right after the war got these from a soldlier going back home that wanted his horse shoed .

So they did a trade. She ended up with them but said they dont fit her decor so she didnt want them.

I have had these for 12 years now , just thinking of selling one at least.

IMG_0512.jpg

They appear to be union possibly cavalry swords. since the entire blades and scabbards are not shown it's impossible to say with any accuracy but for the one with the hilt coming unwound probably $450-500 and the better hilt probably $500 -600 ONLY if sold to a collector. If sold to a dealer they're going to want to give you half or less each.

Check this link: http://civilwarmilitaria.com/authentic-period-items/civil-war-swords/union-swords/

• Members

That. I'd think the scabbards alone would look much more aged.

Not sure really, werent the scabbards made of tin or someother not ferrous metal?

Honestly i know very little about civil war sabers but most ive seen were a bit more rusted and/or had that old patina on them.

Archived