Ben Lacy put up a Soundcloud page. I just cut my hands off.

HumanFuseBen

• Members

Ben is a local legend here in my hometown. I've taken lessons from him a couple of times (and subsequently sold all my gear)... To top it all off, he's s super nice guy, and ge can play anything- shred, bebop, classical.... He's amazing. And he's playing at The Pub here in Lexington tonight....

• Members

:lol:
I actually came here to post almost this exact same thing.

It's cool for about 30 seconds, and then I realize it's pretty effing repetitive and boring
:idk:

Respect the talent, but...
:idk:

It must have some appeal since he's demoing at the Apple booth at NAMM. I can see why some wouldn't find it accessible though but I am a bass player too and like Victor Wooten's stuff so I kinda dig it. It would be hard for me to see how it would fit into all but the most specialized band setting however.

• Members

It must have some appeal since he's demoing at the Apple booth at NAMM. I can see why some wouldn't find it accessible though but I am a bass player too and like Victor Wooten's stuff so I kinda dig it. It would be hard for me to see how it would fit into all but the most specialized band setting however.

I'm a bass player too and love Victor's stuff...The problem is, there is no depth to what he's doing...It's a guitar slapping and popping, which doesn't sound as good as a bass, because it's missing frequencies...With this, it would sound much better with a backing track to kind of add some depth to the sound. As it is, it's just bland and boring to me.

I will finish with saying this is JUST my opinion...People are inclined to like what they want, but to me, it leaves me wanting more than what is provided.

Archived