Zakk tearing it up in '93...

Gary666

• Members

Wish he'd stuck more to his old ways, before the cheeseball stuff.

I hate to say it, but I love the sound he had on his cover of Neil Young's "Heart Of Gold" . Something going on in that recording Ive never really heard before that I thought was way cool.

• Members

I loved Book Of Shadows. A bit on the cheesey side, but some good stuff there regardless. a million miles away is a great one from that album.

I wonder what brought on the whole "cartoon persona". One thing about it..it HAS made him alot of $$$$.

I bid on a 72-73 Marshall Superlead he once owned. Teh Zakk fanbois woulda hated it if I got it, BC I wanted to have it returned to stock specs. (it had been modded by Lee Jackson. NEVER heard a Lee Jackson modded Marshall that didnt sound like a metal can full of wasps & razor thin), I think I missed it by $50-some odd dollars.

• Members

I loved Book Of Shadows. A bit on the cheesey side, but some good stuff there regardless. a million miles away is a great one from that album.

I wonder what brought on the whole "cartoon persona". One thing about it..it HAS made him alot of $$$$.

well, Ozzy was always big about having a "cartoon persona" himself so obviously that influenced him. He was only 19 when he joined Ozzy so the guy is pretty much a father figure to him.

Regardless, he is still my favorite player, I love his work with Ozzy, P&G and Book of Shadows. BLS is hit or miss, but there are tons of great stuff from it too. I am admittedly a Zakk fanboi lol

• Members

and Joacquin Phoniex is pretty damn good on the drums too :poke:

i think the camera person had a thing for the drummer, showed him way too much, hello! Zakk's over there kicking ass. at least he stepped in front of the camera for the solo.

• Members

well, Ozzy was always big about having a "cartoon persona" himself so obviously that influenced him. He was only 19 when he joined Ozzy so the guy is pretty much a father figure to him.

Regardless, he is still my favorite player, I love his work with Ozzy, P&G and Book of Shadows. BLS is hit or miss, but there are tons of great stuff from it too. I am admittedly a Zakk fanboi lol

I am a huge Randy fanboi, but I love me some Zakk too.

Currently rehearsing with an Ozzy tribute band. I get to be Zakk, and play his stuff, plus Randy & Tony & even a Jake song or 2 :thu:

• Members

Wish he'd stuck more to his old ways, before the cheeseball stuff.

I hate to say it, but I love the sound he had on his cover of Neil Young's "Heart Of Gold" . Something going on in that recording Ive never really heard before that I thought was way cool.

That whole second disc of "Alcohol Fuelled Brewtality" is pretty killer.

• Members

Check out the Ozzy: Live & Loud video if you can find it. It kicks ass. Zakk, Mike Inez, Mike Bordin...

Mike Bordin sucks ass, totally ruined the whole Live & loud disk for me.........then he went on to destroy a Sabbath reunion or 2 for me as well. I hate him with the burning passion of a thousand firey suns

Archived