Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper!

shane159

• Members

To keep a long story short, I saw Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper Saturday in Atlanta and I honestly was disapoint. I have seen Maiden four other times and I saw Cooper in Detroit a few years back. Anyway, my wife had never seen Maiden and I was bragging the whole time about how she was about to see one of the best shows you can see. Needless to say we were both a tad let down, they were not bad by no means ,but they seemed bored and I was a little let down. Steve Harris was the star of the show in my opinion, his bass was cutting threw and sounded fantastic, but it just seemed like everyone else was bored. I have to say that IMO Alice Cooper was the highlight of the night for us. Anyone else at that show?? If so what did you think?

• Members

I'm sorry, but Iron Maiden and "boring" just do not compute.

Haven't seen them on this tour, but I did see them {censored}ing DESTROY the Tampa St. Pete Times Forum on the last one, and coupled with the ample dvd/bluray evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna have to call bull{censored}, although I guess even Maiden could have an off night every once in a decade or so.

• Members

I'm sorry, but Iron Maiden and "boring" just do not compute.

Haven't seen them on this tour, but I did see them {censored}ing DESTROY the Tampa St. Pete Times Forum on the last one, and coupled with the ample dvd/bluray evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna have to call bull{censored}, although I guess even Maiden could have an off night every once in a decade or so.

^This. They were ridiculously awesome in Tampa last tour. Well, except for Janick, but he doesn't lack enthusiasm. :lol:

• Members

Sister inlaw & her boyfriend went to see them in NC.

Never got the Iron Maiden thing. Cool looking album covers & shirts. Never could get past the thin shrill ice pick to the ear guitar sounds, and the singers high pitched opera voice.

Alice cooper had a couple songs I liked. Cheesey but listenable.

• Members

well they all collect AARP now so maybe age has slowed them down a bit. I just cant imagine Niko doing those 4 minutes TOM fills with the same enthusiasm he was doing them with in the 1980's.

• Members

I have seen them before and they were great, and I don't think they sounded bad, but they were nothing like when I have seen them before. They just didn't have the same mojo as when I had seen them before. Maybe the age is kicking in. Again, I am not downing them in anyway, but they just seemed a little more mellow than usual.

• Members

Build up Maiden to wife =>

Wifey no likey=>

Love of Maiden has dwindled=>

Someone has become passive

:lol: I guess I should have worded my statement a little different. All I am saying is that I normally walk away just blown away, and this time it was good, but not as good as I have seen them do before. Maybe I was having an off night, but I honestly don't care for AC, but he had a lot more energy IMO that evening. I was still impressed by the show. Maiden are one of the tightest bands live I have ever seen.

• Members

Saw Alice Cooper on father's day. I was never a huge fan but he was awesome! 3 guitar players who worked great together and a drummer that was surprisingly kick ass. I was not necessarily a fan of recorded works but live it all sounded great. The show itself was a definite benchmark for how a live concert experience should be.

Archived