What's up with Mark IV prices nowadays?

megaboogie

• Members

Seems to be hitting at $1000 mark(no pun intended)which used to go for $1200+.

I see a mint combo for $1000 shipped, small head for $950+shipping, rackmount head for $1000 shipped, and they are not moving even after a week has gone by.

:confused:

• Members

I bought one last year, so the prices naturally have to go down. Just like JMPs before that, 5150s before that, Engl Powerballs before that...

Ha! for once I'm glad I sold my MarkIV last year. Now I can buy back for cheaper...:eek

• Members

dolf - GTFO, mesas are awesome. you are right about it being a buyers market but the last comment is absurd

Not really. I've never met one that I thought lived up to half the hype. Great amps, sure, but HIGHLY overrated.

• Members

Not really. I've never met one that I thought lived up to half the hype. Great amps, sure, but HIGHLY overrated.

I actually agree. Ive played quite a few mesas and have been left wanting with each one. Mark series and recto series included.

• Members

They aren't for everyone.

I personally think Orange amps are really over-rated amps. Never played one that impressed me, and they seem under powered.

• Members

They aren't for everyone.

I personally think Orange amps are really over-rated amps. Never played one that impressed me, and they seem under powered.

Funnily enough, I agree with that as well, but I dont play styles that Oranges do well, IMO.

• Members

Mesas (talking mark series and rectos mostly) aren't really my thing either but that doesn't mean they're bad, just not for me. That said I'd like to try out the royal atlantic, seems that might be more my speed. But I'm still totally satisfied with my amp so why bother, really? ;)

• Members

ESPECIALLY the marks and rectos.

Funny enough, I actually LIKE the Rectos but it's the Nomads, Calibers, Studios, Lone Stars that I don't understand the hype for. I tried a couple .50 cals that were just ratty {censored} machines. The cleans were {censored}ty, and the fizzy... ummm, distortion? was just plain bad. Like an old Bandmaster with a master volume. ie NOT GOOD.

• Members

Funny enough, I actually LIKE the Rectos but it's the Nomads, Calibers, Studios, Lone Stars that I don't understand the hype for. I tried a couple .50 cals that were just ratty {censored} machines. The cleans were {censored}ty, and the fizzy... ummm, distortion? was just plain bad. Like an old Bandmaster with a master volume. ie NOT GOOD.

Oh, I agree. I just feel like rectos and marks are held up with the 'greats' as being these holy grail amps and they're just not. I love a recto in the right hands but I just CAN'T {censored}ing make one sound good (at least to me). It's always too flubby or too metal or too stupid :lol:

I used to run my old blue doodoo (bv120hb, the black one) with my gflex 2x12 up against my buddy's dual recto YEARS ago and everyone agreed my amp sounded better. Maybe I was just better at dialing it in? Maybe his v30 2x12 just sounds that bad ({censored} i hate v30s), maybe everyone I knew back then is {censored}ing stupid (probably) but that doesn't change {censored} :lol:

• Members

There's a really large margin of error for setting up the lead channel on a .50 cal +. I had one and it was a pain at first, but once i got it there, it was a pretty damn nice sound. Very smooth with tons of sustain. Ratty or fizzy are the last words i'd use to describe it.

Archived