What headphones are you guys using for mixing/guitar tracking?

NinjaRaf

• Members

I know Ive asked similar questions before, but...what are you guys using these days for mixing/tracking guitars? Ive owned senny hd280s and hd202s. Ive got a pair of akg k422s coming, but those are mainly to use for practicing.

Lets say....whats good, disregarding price?

Whats good, assuming a price range of MAX 150?

How do they compare with HD280s?

Ive always felt that my mixes came out lacking bass when I used 280s...same with the 202s.

• Members

I know Ive asked similar questions before, but...what are you guys using these days for mixing/tracking guitars? Ive owned senny hd280s and hd202s. Ive got a pair of akg k422s coming, but those are mainly to use for practicing.

Lets say....whats good, disregarding price?

Whats good, assuming a price range of MAX 150?

How do they compare with HD280s?

Ive always felt that my mixes came out lacking bass when I used 280s...same with the 202s.

I use 280s but for tracking only, I always mix through my M-Audio monitors.

• Members

I use 280s but for tracking only, I always mix through my M-Audio monitors.

Yeah, Ill get monitors eventually lol. I dont even have money to buy headphones, Im just curious and wanting to amass knowledge :lol:

• Members

Do you not have an eq plug-in for your input? You might be able to alter what signal is sent to the headphones to give them a better representation of what your mix sounds like.

I dont even know what that is. I have the simplest, cheapest interface on earth haha. The issue I have is that whatever comes through my headphones sounds harsh as fuck, but then I play it ANYWHERE else, and it sounds awesome lol.

393754_0_original.jpg

• Members

I use Sony MD 7506's. Work fine for me
:idk:

I think these are quite good. Will probably get a pair later on down the road. They have a high end that can get fatiguing though. Right now I'm using Audio Technica M50s and I love them. They're not extremely accurate, but definitely have the bass response you are looking for. Unlike like 7506s their high end is pretty smooth, so you have to be aware of that when mixing or else it may come out harsh on other speakers. Outside of that, I've never liked Senn HD280s. They come highly recommended, but I feel they just lack any sort of dynamic frequency response. Definitely no bass in them.

Archived