NBAD

JR13

• Members

Borrowed this from my dad to jam with a band on Sunday. Sounds awesome, even at tolerable townhouse levels imo. If I like this band and continue playing with them there might be a Classic 30 in my future :thu:

0626021907.jpg

• Members

Thanks guys, I hope this band works out. The guy who put out the ad says he wants to do an original band that has a sound similar to the Strokes. Not really my style but I'm giving it a try, at worst I'll get to jam with some people :idk:

• Members

Thanks guys, I hope this band works out. The guy who put out the ad says he wants to do an original band that has a sound similar to the Strokes. Not really my style but I'm giving it a try, at worst I'll get to jam with some people
:idk:

IMO, that's a good way to look at it. I'm not completely on board with the music I play in one of the projects I'm involved in, but it's fun to go crank up some amps for a couple of hours and drink a few beers.

• Members

Man, I need to do the band thing again. Been thinking of doing covers though, because that's what people want to hear anymore. Plus, it'd be fun to actually have to learn songs rather than just me grabbing my guitar and jamming on stuff till I found a riff I liked :lol:

• Members

give it a whirl man, who knows... could end being a real cool dude and you can learn a bit from him and he can learn a bit from you and you guys can encorporate in some of each of your styles.

you playing it clean or got any pedals out in front? i really dig those amps, love the vintage look and heard they sound great.

the best part about music is learning new stuff and forcing your brain to think differently, only playing what you are comfortable with will only get you so far. keep having fun, thats all that matters!!

• Members

Man, I need to do the band thing again. Been thinking of doing covers though, because that's what people want to hear anymore. Plus, it'd be fun to actually have to learn songs rather than just me grabbing my guitar and jamming on stuff till I found a riff I liked
:lol:

and make some money, bro :thu:

I've already made a bunch of cash playing gigs in this current band, and I've only been with them a month. Any original band I've been in has cost me money with little to no return. Plus taking months to write material and rehearse it... we started the cover band and had 25+ songs rehearsed in a couple weeks and gigs lined up.

• Members

give it a whirl man, who knows... could end being a real cool dude and you can learn a bit from him and he can learn a bit from you and you guys can encorporate in some of each of your styles.

you playing it clean or got any pedals out in front? i really dig those amps, love the vintage look and heard they sound great.

the best part about music is learning new stuff and forcing your brain to think differently, only playing what you are comfortable with will only get you so far. keep having fun, thats all that matters!!

I'm planning on doing what my dad does and running it clean at about 4 right where it breaks up and hitting it with an OD

• Members

That's a Delta Blues right? I really want to play one of those, as I have a Peavey Classic 30. I want to checkout the Tremolo on those. The clips on youtube always sound awesome.

yeah, the tremolo is pretty cool but I don't have any real use for it. Its making me want a classic 30 though.

Archived