Completely obsessed with Triple XXX II

Likes Loomis

• Members

Gonna liquidate a bunch of gear so I can get this thing.

I love that it basically has a channel for every style of music I like to play.

Only thing is, I wish it had the variable watts control that is common on a lot of the newer amps.

Is the tripple XXX II even officially out yet, or is it coming out soon?

Seems like a lot of the online retailers have it "coming soon".

P.S., keep an eye out in the spam thread for a bunch of barely used, high end pedals.

Won't be needing them now that I'll have decent amp tone.

Hi.

• Members

JSX=XXX II! And it doesn't need a variable watts like your ironheart at all, super decent low volume tone. Unfortunately, having a tube amp at home means that whatever tricks or by design give you decent tone if you taste it with a band at really loud volumes it always will be worse representation of that tone, in my oppinion.

• Members

Gonna liquidate a bunch of gear so I can get this thing.

I love that it basically has a channel for every style of music I like to play.

Only thing is, I wish it had the variable watts control that is common on a lot of the newer amps.

Is the tripple XXX II even officially out yet, or is it coming out soon?

Seems like a lot of the online retailers have it "coming soon".

P.S., keep an eye out in the spam thread for a bunch of barely used, high end pedals.

Won't be needing them now that I'll have decent amp tone.

Hi.

I have an XXX2 in my garage right now. Getting ready to do a demo for y'all, next week if I have time. :thu:

• Members

Yeah, dude...dont waste your money on a new one...just get a used JSX for like 600 bucks and call it a day.

They are really close, but there are a few tweaks in the XXXII preamp that make it feel different for sure. Trust me bro. Not saying better or worse, but I PERSONALLY like the way it feels a little better than the JSX. It's just a nuthair "looser", if that makes sense...

• Members

They are really close, but there are a few tweaks in the XXXII preamp that make it feel different for sure. Trust me bro. Not saying better or worse, but I PERSONALLY like the way it feels a little better than the JSX. It's just a nuthair "looser", if that makes sense...

Word, I hear ya...I like tighter, but thats me haha. But still...close enough + used v new price...I dunno...1400 is quite a bit to drop on a new amp, IMO.

• Members

Word, I hear ya...I like tighter, but thats me haha. But still...close enough + used v new price...I dunno...1400 is quite a bit to drop on a new amp, IMO.

I getcha.

Peavey may not get the sample unit back from me though. I'm really loving this thing. I never vibed with the FEEL of the JSX like I do with this one. :idk:

• Members

I getcha.

Peavey may not get the sample unit back from me though. I'm really loving this thing. I never vibed with the FEEL of the JSX like I do with this one.
:idk:

Word. The JSX was my end all be all amp for YEARS...but when I finally bought one, I was a member here...and we all know how that goes haha.

• Members

Ya'll know how I feel about the JSX. I'm interested in the XXX II because I wanna know how it compares to it's original form. If Loop could possibly stop slobbering knob over at the local gloryhole and wipe the ball butter off his chin, maybe he can get around to doing that goddamn demo before I have to come over there and act real colored:mad::mad:

But seriously, after I modded the {censored} out of mine I can't see myself dealing with another amp. Just played guitar with a drummer friend and the amp is heavenly. Cuts through without trying, with the master turned down low, and the FX loop off...with it on and cranked it's a goddamn beast.

To the OP, I'd say get a used JSX, that way you have money left over for mods or whatever else you want down the line. I did have some of the tightness taken out of my JSX since I wanted to open it up a bit more. It was too compressed for it's own good, so I can see why Peavey did that. More/fatter low mids help the amp too.

They should have upgraded the SGRs and did a bias mod to give the amp more tube possibilities. I'm telling you if you play metal with one of those, big bottle tubes are where it's at. I need to become a well known guitarist so I can have a signature JSX based model

• Members

Ya'll know how I feel about the JSX. I'm interested in the XXX II because I wanna know how it compares to it's original form. If Loop could possibly stop slobbering knob over at the local gloryhole and wipe the ball butter off his chin, maybe he can get around to doing that goddamn demo before I have to come over there and act real colored:mad:
:mad:

OMG :lol:

I told you, I can't do it till I get back from Denver next week.

• Members

How is the XXX II different than the 3120?

The 3120 is a rebaged XXX. The JSX is a tweaked XXX. The XXX II is supposedly a tweaked JSX. I don't buy that. Satch left Peavey. They had to change the name. Same thing with EVH and the 5150.

• Members

Ya'll know how I feel about the JSX. I'm interested in the XXX II because I wanna know how it compares to it's original form. If Loop could possibly stop slobbering knob over at the local gloryhole and wipe the ball butter off his chin, maybe he can get around to doing that goddamn demo before I have to come over there and act real colored:mad:
:mad:

ROFL

• Members

The 3120 is a rebaged XXX. The JSX is a tweaked XXX. The XXX II is supposedly a tweaked JSX. I don't buy that. Satch left Peavey. They had to change the name. Same thing with EVH and the 5150.

I'll never know why they didn't just call the JSX the 3120+..would have made sense

Archived