Why does my sound have so much presence?

butterguitar

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because the reason people don't like 900s is that they're bright and fizzy
:idea:

I'd try a different speaker, something a little smoother.

Well I am using vintage 30 speakers and they sound great with my Jet City. But through my Marshall they do sound fizzy.

• Members

Just curious and excuse my noob question, but in your opinion what amps do best with vintage 30's?

Modern high gainers usually.

Mesas, 5150s, Diezels, Blackstar, many more.

Typically british voiced amps + V30s is not a good combo.

• Members

That's with any amp..any amp/speaker combo can suck if you don't do it right. XXX/JSX amps seem to love V30s

Agreed.

I just remember when I tried out a guitar player and he brought his XXX and played it through my V30 Randall XL cab.

I felt like I was getting {censored}ed in both ears by angry buffalo.

• Members

Agreed.

I just remember when I tried out a guitar player and he brought his XXX and played it through my V30 Randall XL cab.

I felt like I was getting {censored}ed in both ears by angry buffalo.

JSXs have more mids and have that "cocked wah" honk going..and they sound great with V30s..all in how you dial it. If a JSX can sound good, the XXX surely can..afterall the XXX cabs have Peavey's take on a modded V30

• Members

An amp has to be designed around them for v30's to sound good, but then they can sound really good.

that's absurd. it's just an awful speaker, and that's an excuse. they should actually just destroy v30's and any amps that are mistakenly thought of as 'sounding good through v30's'.

that'd really be the best way forward.

in all seriousness. 1) {censored} v30's. and 2) the idea that an amp is designed around one speaker is pretty DUM. i mean.. would you want an amp designed to sound good through exactly ONE guitar?

• Members

that's absurd. it's just an awful speaker, and that's an excuse. they should actually just destroy v30's and any amps that are mistakenly thought of as 'sounding good through v30's'.

that'd really be the best way forward.

in all seriousness. 1) {censored} v30's. and 2) the idea that an amp is designed around one speaker is pretty DUM. i mean.. would you want an amp designed to sound good through exactly ONE guitar?

[video=youtube;5hfYJsQAhl0]

Depends on what you like..V30s are a recording standard and for good reason..the cabs they come in sound amazing..all in how you dial it. Of course some amps don't work with them but the same can be said for any speaker

• Members

Depends on what you like..V30s are a recording standard and for good reason..the cabs they come in sound amazing..all in how you dial it. Of course some amps don't work with them but the same can be said for any speaker

primarily kidding. but actually, not. terrible speakers, and recording standards like an sm57. fully out of laziness and defacto ****** logic.

anyone playing v30s is mentally deficient and deaf. or playing metal. which automatically means they're the first two things.

• Members

primarily kidding. but actually, not. terrible speakers, and recording standards like an sm57. fully out of laziness and defacto ****** logic.

anyone playing v30s is mentally deficient and deaf. or playing metal. which automatically means they're the first two things.

Lol..you're from {censored}ing Frederick..

• Members

Modern high gainers usually.

Mesas, 5150s, Diezels, Blackstar, many more.

Typically british voiced amps + V30s is not a good combo.

Well I think my Jet City sounds great with vintage 30 speakers. I would love to hear it with some eminence speakers, since those are the speakers they usually come with.

I am really considering trying out some greenbacks for my Marshall to warm it up.

I've tried the celestion 75 speakers and thought they were very bitey. They had the treble and bass, but the mids were very scooped.

Archived