Speakers for Laney GH

guitarbilly74

• Members

I've been thinking of changing the speakers on my cabs. The T100s are good but a bit too scooped for my taste. I also tried V30s and did not like them with the GH.

I am looking for a bit more low end, low mids and a bit less highs. I used to have CL80s in my old Laney rig and I liked them quite a bit but I am wondering if there are any other good options out there.

Edit: T100s!

• Members

k100's sound great the in GH.

Cant go wrong with CL80's. Laney are using a lot of h30's in their cabs now too.

Aren't K100 voiced a bit like V30s but with more bass?

I need to try the H30's, their description on the Celestion website sounds really good.

• Members

I've been thinking of changing the speakers on my cabs. The H100s are good but a bit too scooped for my taste.

Wait. Are you taking about the Hot100s (G12T100) or G12H100s? Since the G12H100s are supposed to be almost the same as the G12K100s which aren't scooped at all. They're very even sounding across the spectrum.

• Members

k100s are not scooped and are not voiced like V30s. I hate V30s, but k100s are my favorite speaker, EVER. More balanced. Big low end, but also pretty tight low end. Balanced mids, smooth hi's, efficient and LOUD. They are {censored}ing badass speakers. Trust me bro....trust me. Buy a pair from me and see. Youll know whats up.

• Members

k100s are not scooped and are not voiced like V30s. I hate V30s, but k100s are my favorite speaker, EVER. More balanced. Big low end, but also pretty tight low end. Balanced mids, smooth hi's, efficient and LOUD. They are {censored}ing badass speakers. Trust me bro....trust me. Buy a pair from me and see. Youll know whats up.

I'm seriously considering it. If you still have them by Friday I may jump on it. What's the price for all 4?

• Members

I'm seriously considering it. If you still have them by Friday I may jump on it. What's the price for all 4?

Im looking at 75 each, shipped...but if you want them all, Ill try to see what shipping is and work with you on it.

• Members

Just buy raf's k100s(k85s). You'll love 'em,
I guarantee it.

And the WGS et65s are killer speakers as well (for the other cab)

Are you the Men's Wearhouse dude now? lol

I have to stick with the same speakers for both cabs, basically because I have mental issues and my OCD won't allow me to do otherwise. :lol:

So I guess I can buy 4 now and look another another 4 later. I may just stick with the half stack and sell the top cab. This whole full stack thing is getting old.

• Members

I'd be definitely buying all 4. {censored}, I'll even need to look for another 4
:lol::facepalm:

So let me know what you can do for all 4 speakers.

I can probably do 260 for all 4 if you dont mind PP gift...just cuz shipping to your far away ass is gonna be about 60 bucks lol.

Archived