My Daugh is now a Berklee College Of Music Student

Stonedtone

• Members

What's her major?

Grats. Tough school to audition into. I have many friends/coworkers that are Berklee Alum.

She's not determined that yet. She wants to teach. The school has a policy that if you get a job in a public school, the waive your loan balance

• Members

What's her major?

Grats. Tough school to audition into.
I have many friends
/coworkers
that are Berklee Alum.

...like me? :wave:

To the OP: Congrats!! Great school. Tell her to live in the Listening Lab!! :thu: However, $19k/semester is tough. I dare not tell you what I paid/semester :cry:

• Members

...like me?
:wave:

To the OP: Congrats!! Great school. Tell her to live in the Listening Lab!!
:thu:
However, $19k/semester is tough. I dare not tell you what I paid/semester
:cry:

How did it work out for you? My mother and others were very critical of her spending that kind of tuition, but I think if there's a teaching opening, the system would hire the Berk grad over a UCONN grad

• Members

Congrats you should be proud for raising a good kid :)

However 19K a year is {censored}ing insane --- why has college education costs EXPLODED in the past 10 years or so? :confused: its {censored}ing scary how out of control this has become, i think its time to re-evaluate some things with costs

Congrats again

• Members

Congrats you should be proud for raising a good kid
:)

However 19K a year is {censored}ing insane --- why has college education costs EXPLODED in the past 10 years or so?
:confused:
its {censored}ing scary how out of control this has become, i think its time to re-evaluate some things with costs

Congrats again

um, it's $19K a semester :facepalm:

• Members

However
19K a year
is {censored}ing insane --- why has college education costs EXPLODED in the past 10 years or so?
its {censored}ing scary how out of control this has become, i think its time to re-evaluate some things with costs

Congrats again

Nope.

19k/Semester.

Berklee's always been very expensive. Additionally, very little financial aid is available, as the school's credits are nontransferable.

That said, it's still an "Ivy league" music school, alongside Julliard, Interlochen (My family is Faculty alum there), and others.

• Members

However
19K a year
is {censored}ing insane --- why has college education costs EXPLODED in the past 10 years or so?

Congrats again

Nope.

19k/Semester.

Berklee's always been very expensive. Additionally, very little financial aid is available, as the school's credits are nontransferable.

That said, it's still an "Ivy league" music school, alongside Julliard, Interlochen (My family is Faculty alum there), and others.

Archived