Fender Deluxe Reverb with 2x12?

thom

• Members

For my stereo rig, to sorta balance out the difference with the other halfstack by hooking up my new DRRI to an extenstion cabinet.

Good plan? Anything I should look for when shopping for a cab in terms of watts and ohms? Don't want to spend too much, and I'd rather go smaller than 4x12. That'd be overkill on so many levels:)

Can't really afford to be picky about speakers, I'll just have to settle for whatever works.

Cheers.

• Members

damn that rig plus another halfstack would be a lot of {censored} to haul around but would sound insanely good.

i got a whitebox 212 to pair up with my fender and to use with the mako, it sounds really good and the build quality is great. im running it 3/4 open back w wgs et 65 / vet 30 combo at 8 ohms

• Members

Trying to pair it up with my Fender Tone-Master head, the cab is a vintage Hiwatt 4x12. The tone-master is 100watt, but it's got a low/med/hi switch...Thank god for that. Or rather: Thanks to mr Bruce Zinky for that:)

I usually leave the ridiculously insanely heavy cab at our rehearsel space, and only take my combo and head home. Not that I use the tonemaster at home, that's just in case someone manages to break into the fortress that is our rehearsel space:) So I'd leave the 2x12 there too, no worries there.

I'm in a very very early stage with my new band, if I can even call it that yet. So I haven't even thought about what I'll do if I ever have to haul around all that gear to a gig with a stage the size of a coffee table. Guess it'll depend on the venue, if I have to I'll make do with one amp and and the right pedlols....The stereo rig gives me a awesome badass face melting tone, but both amps are more than decent enough to sound great on their own.

Archived