Took some pictures earlier

timmyfirst

• Members

I was just doing a set-up and restring before the festival i'm playing this weekend, so i thought i'd take some pictures of my lovely guitar.

Vanquish Mystique Custom:

vanquishrestring010.jpg

vanquishrestring007.jpg

vanquishrestring006.jpg

vanquishrestring004.jpg

vanquishrestring002.jpg

vanquishrestring011.jpg

I cant gush enough about this guitar, its really does {censored} on my old PRS guitars from a great height and although its not flashy or "in your face" i love the look.

• Members

That's beautiful, what pickups?

Bare Knuckle Mule at the bridge and a Mississippi Queen at the neck. They're based on those pickups but they're custom built for Vanquish. I specified the black covers with gold pole pieces. I have totally battered the bridge pick-up though.

• Members

I kinda dig the brown stain with satin finish. I think the dot inlays look all right on this, although perhaps no inlays may have looked cooler.. The gold hardware is not for me.. And the lower horn cutout looks like a thumb! lol But there are things I can appreciate about it.. Just some aesthetic changes on that and it would be something I would really like.. Which in the end, is all that matters... lol!

• Members

I kinda dig the brown stain with satin finish. I think the dot inlays look all right on this, although perhaps no inlays may have looked cooler.. The gold hardware is not for me.. And the lower horn cutout looks like a thumb! lol But there are things I can appreciate about it.. Just some aesthetic changes on that and it would be something I would really like.. Which in the end, is all that matters... lol!

I kinda need the dots on the fretboard, on a dark stage they're an absolute life saver! I went for gold hardware because it tarnishes quicker, i want the guitar to look well weathered within the year. I think the only thing i'd change is the machineheads, i'd like some locking ones on there just for ease of restringing, these Waverly ones are great stability wise but not anywhere near as fast for string changes.

• Members

I kinda need the dots on the fretboard, on a dark stage they're an absolute life saver! I went for gold hardware because it tarnishes quicker, i want the guitar to look well weathered within the year. I think the only thing i'd change is the machineheads, i'd like some locking ones on there just for ease of restringing, these Waverly ones are great stability wise but not anywhere near as fast for string changes.

• Members

I've played many a stage as well. Dark ones, little ones, bright ones, triangle ones.. Lol..and I don't think I've ever used the fretboard dots as a way to find my way on the fretboard. I typically install larger side dots when I do my builds, or if the guitar has to small of side dots, some white electrical tape nicely cut into little squares can be taped onto the side to really help see and it won't harm the finish and stays out of my way.. The only time no fretboard dots has been an issue is for other players during jam sessions or when I'm showing someone a riff/song, since they can't easily see what fret I'm on.. But either way, I don't think the dots look bad on this one. cause at times on a LES Paul shape like yours, it kinda cheapens the look

• Members

I've played many a stage as well. Dark ones, little ones, bright ones, triangle ones.. Lol..and I don't think I've ever used the fretboard dots as a way to find my way on the fretboard. I typically install larger side dots when I do my builds, or if the guitar has to small of side dots, some white electrical tape nicely cut into little squares can be taped onto the side to really help see and it won't harm the finish and stays out of my way.. The only time no fretboard dots has been an issue is for other players during jam sessions or when I'm showing someone a riff/song, since they can't easily see what fret I'm on.. But either way, I don't think the dots look bad on this one. cause at times on a LES Paul shape like yours, it kinda cheapens the look

Yeah i know what you mean, its so hard to get any sort of inlay right, theres some truly ghastly import guitars with vile inlays. I use my board dots quite a lot, my guitar is strung up quite high on the strap and it gets thrown around a lot, i'd be lost without them!

Archived