rack cases...

NinjaRaf

• Members

So, Im wanting to grab a 4 space rack case for my mak4...just to have something a little smaller. May or may not sell the 6 space...who knows. Probably will. But anyway, would you guys buy one of those nylon bag type rack cases? Its basically a nylon bag around a solid wood rack box. I can get one for 45 shipped...What do you guys think? Keep in mind...Im not gigging, and my amp will likely not leave the house for a long while...

• Members

I use a few rack bags. They are nice for lighter stuff, and things that don't get all that hot.

The shoulder strap on one of mine broke, dropping the whole thing right on the ground. I had made 30 lbs worth of stuff in it. Most of the ones I've seen don't allow the back panel to open completely, so some things may remain hotter than they would if they were able to breathe better.

• Members

It'd be fine dude, just baby it.

I usually do that anyway. Im still debating, though. I mean, the 6 space is fine, and would eventually house a MUCH better setup than what Im currently working with, power amp wise...my OCD is just yelling at me about having 2 empty spaces haha. I guess I could just buy the 4 space nylon thing and keep the 6 space...but meh. I dunno. Maybe Ill just stick with what I got for now haha.

• Members

I use a few rack bags. They are nice for lighter stuff, and things that don't get all that hot.

The shoulder strap on one of mine broke, dropping the whole thing right on the ground. I had made 30 lbs worth of stuff in it. Most of the ones I've seen don't allow the back panel to open completely, so some things may remain hotter than they would if they were able to breathe better.

Word. Id just be housing a 4 space preamp that has maybe 2 spaces worth of stuff in the chassis in it, and a pedal sized power amp lol...so Im not really worried about heat at all.

• Members

Word. Id just be housing a 4 space preamp that has maybe 2 spaces worth of stuff in the chassis in it, and a pedal sized power amp lol...so Im not really worried about heat at all.

I think you'd be fine. I've got a 2U bag with two 1U tube preamps in it that both vent out the top.

• Members

I think you'd be fine. I've got a 2U bag with two 1U tube preamps in it that both vent out the top.

Yeah, the preamp runs pretty cool anyway. Heat wasnt even a concern...I was just wondering about the bags themselves...any experiences with them, and yours has been helpful. If I decide to for sure get a 4 space, I wouldnt be opposed to one of these...I may just leave it in the 6 space, though, and not worry about it at all. I can maybe move my power amp up to the front so I dont have to go to the back of the case to play with my volume lol.

• Members

yeah, {censored} a drawer...those things are half the cost of what I paid for my rack case lol. But yeah, I will probably just keep what I have...When I have more money, one day, I plan to get {censored} back in order with my rack, anyway, so thatll save me from buying another case later.

• Members

yeah, {censored} a drawer...those things are half the cost of what I paid for my rack case lol. But yeah, I will probably just keep what I have...When I have more money, one day, I plan to get {censored} back in order with my rack, anyway, so thatll save me from buying another case later.

Yeah but if your OCD is as bad as mine, the 2 open spaces are going to bother the {censored} out of you :lol:

• Members

Yeah but if your OCD is as bad as mine, the 2 open spaces are going to bother the {censored} out of you
:lol:

It is...pretty much. Like, I even asked Andrew to send me a mako logo for my 412, but right now, my whole rig is pretty much in shambles, so Im gonna try not to worry about it haha.

• Members

i want mako t shirts. i asked him but he said the ones he had he didnt like and wouldnt send them. {censored}ing perfectionists, lol.

Yeah, hahahaha...awesome. I know how that goes. Im like that in a lot of ways.

• Members

you know...just because it's rack mountable doesn't mean it has to be in a rack :cop:

if it's not being moved around, just sit it on a table/cab/desk and be done with it. makes it easier to get to the tubes in case of a failure, too.

• Members

you know...just because it's rack mountable doesn't mean it has to be in a rack
:cop:

if it's not being moved around, just sit it on a table/cab/desk and be done with it. makes it easier to get to the tubes in case of a failure, too.

:thu:

I was going to say the same thing. If it is just staying at home don't bother with a case. There is no point in it...

• Members

Just keep the 6 space and be happy :lol:

But lulz @ pointless OCD. My 5153 cab came with no little 5153 logo at the bottom (got it used and the last guy removed it for some unknown reason). For some reason it bugs the {censored} out of me. I ordered a replacement from Fender, but it's been like 5 months now :lol:

Archived