NGD: '84 LP Silverburst + Rig Pic

FourT6and2

• Members

The one on the left is the '79. For whatever reason, the '84 aged way more.
:idk:

They're both gorgeous, but I'd rather have the '79.

I like the burst better and I like tight sounding guitars :love:

• Members

They're both gorgeous, but I'd rather have the '79.

I like the burst better and I like tight sounding guitars
:love:

Yep. I think the '79 looks better, too. I think once I throw some new pickups in the '84 it will sound better. I just hope the crazy pinch harmonics are due to the guitar, itself, and not the Shaws. I have a set of BK Black Dogs on the way. I'll have to try 'em out in both guitars to see which one gets the Holy Divers and which the BDs.

• Members

one of the things I look at when trying to spot a fake (and I'm not saying that one is a fake) is the knobs.

Usually (always, I thought) the knob closest to the stoptail is slightly lower than the stoptail.

The one on the left looks like the knob is higher.(towards the headstock).

I would have 'guessed' that it may be fake.

• Members

one of the things I look at when trying to spot a fake (and I'm not saying that one is a fake) is the knobs.

Usually (always, I thought) the knob closest to the stoptail is slightly lower than the stoptail.

Interesting. Maybe take a look at photos of other '79 Les Paul Customs. They all have the control knob placed slightly closer to the tailpiece... http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=1979+gibson+les+paul+custom&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=6GbwT6-CD6jW6wG_ta2HBg&biw=1920&bih=972&sei=6mbwT8QNqt3rAfrrxZcG

Everything else about the guitar is legit. Serial number checks out, has the volute, headstock is legit, Gibson logo is legit (not an open O, has the dot on the i), electronics checked out, and etc. If it's a fake, the person who made it went to more trouble than it was worth to clone it in the first place. Three piece maple neck, etc. I doubt someone wanting to make a fake would go through all that trouble.

More pics of the '79:

bk_pickups_1_by_haftelm-d53u5g5.jpg

RS_4_by_haftelm.jpg

RS_3_by_haftelm.jpg

RS_7_by_haftelm.jpg

RS_6_by_haftelm.jpg

RS_2_by_haftelm.jpg

RS_1_by_haftelm.jpg

Silverburst_12_by_haftelm.jpg

Silverburst_8_by_haftelm.jpg

9e223813ebbfd3e90bb839f5c44eaa02.jpg

• Members

The 70's and 80's LP's were all unique. I'd put money on them both being Gibsons. :)

Archived