Can I run my guitar from a DAW into a Tube Amp? (line level vs instrument level)

LGK_Dude

• Members

NEWB QUESTION ALLERT! So I just bought my first ever guitar amp (Kustom Defender V100). Can I take a line level signal (assuming its line level?) from my DAW (Logic pro running through a MOTU 2408) into the V100? I have all sorts of pedals and effects plugins in Logic that I would like try running through this amp, though I'm assuming the output from my DAW will be line level. I read about the effects send & returns in the Kustom manual, but it says nothing about them being line level or not. Would I be ok taking the effects send into my DAW, and then the output from my DAW into the effects return? How about taking the signal directly from the DAW into the instrument input on the amp? Is there any harm that can be done to the amp if I put a line level signal into its input?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Members

You can.. And I have done this.. But its not right and the sounds suffers. Plus I had grounding issues..

What I did was run a D.I clean guitar into my DaW. Recorded my song that way.. Played back and ran an output into the input of my amp.. The reason I did this is I was playing drums to a song I wrote, and was building my drum parts by basically jamming with myself..

But yeah, a re-amp box would yield better results

Archived