Heavy tones kill tubes?

GREC

• Members

When playing Earth rattling early 70s heavy rock, can it shake the hell outta power tubes & make them microphonic in record time?

Are there any good techniques for head/cab isolation?

• Members

pretty everything a rock guitar player does to an amp will shorten tube life... biasing hot, driving them hard, vibration etc.. it's just part of the game. Tubes are disposable, keep a spare set handy and don't worry about {censored} like that.

This. Tubes being used to amplify a guitar signal shortens life. :lol:

But yes, theoretically excess vibration could shorten tube life.

• Members

on non-related news, I also found out I can greatly improve the gas mileage in my truck by staying home.

Also, the odds of there being a bomb on your plane are a million-to-one.

The odds of there being two bombs on your plane are a million times greater!

So, whenever you fly, always bring a bomb!!!

• Members

Is it the Bugera head in your sig? Then it's likely a design issue.

It's happened with other tube amps I've owned -trying to protect this one. Man, some people seem like they take any opportunity to diss Bugera. I looked for a simple clean tube amp & the V55 head sounded great. Had no issues with it & play it VERY LOUD.

• Members

It's happened with other tube amps I've owned -trying to protect this one. Man, some people seem like they take any opportunity to diss Bugera. I looked for a simple clean tube amp & the V55 head sounded great. Had no issues with it & play it VERY LOUD.

I'm sure plenty of people had zero problems with the Ford Pintos as well, doesn't mean they won't explode. :cop:

Archived