Do i need to fill the removed castor holes on my Orange 2x12 Cab?

tws

• Members

Hey guys,

I have an Orange 2x12 closed back cab I picked up 2nd hand. The guy who had it before me put castors on the bottom. I had to take these castors off for it to fit in my live in road case.

I pulled it out of the case to do some tracking this week and it made me wonder:

Do I need to fill these holes? I would think yes because its no longer "sealed" but I was curious on your thoughts. Still sounds great to me but I don't have one without holes to compare it to.

Thanks

• Members

Hey guys,

I have an Orange 2x12 closed back cab I picked up 2nd hand. The guy who had it before me put castors on the bottom. I had to take these castors off for it to fit in my live in road case.

I pulled it out of the case to do some tracking this week and it made me wonder:

Do I need to fill these holes? I would think yes because its no longer "sealed" but I was curious on your thoughts. Still sounds great to me but I don't have one without holes to compare it to.

Thanks

Were the casters just stuck on with screws? If so I wouldn't worry about it, but if there was some kind of big hole routed into the cab - maybe? Just depends how deep/big the hole is.

• Members

I always decouple my cab from the floor for recording(with milk crates or blocks), this was mainly why i was wondering.

If the sound difference is still negligible, thats great. I was just curious about other peoples experiences. I dont really like the thought of having 16 open screw holes at the bottom of my cab.

• Members

I always decouple my cab from the floor for recording(with milk crates or blocks), this was mainly why i was wondering.

When you are recording your mic is pretty much picking up the speaker cones only so I don't think the holes will affect anything in the scenario. Or in any other scenario for that matter.

• Members

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just leave it as is.

If it really drives you nuts and you're losing sleep over it, get some appropriately sized flat head screws and some Elmer's glue. Squirt some glue in the holes and then screw the screws in. "Problem" solved!

Archived