Alternatives to gibson flying V

halford

• Members

Hey guys

anyone where where i can buy new a gibson flying V??

preferably white?

i see Edwards do them, but not sure where to look to find them :facepalm:

Anyone got any infos on these?

or any other replica?

Thanks

Halford

:cop:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey guys

anyone where where i can buy new a gibson flying V??

preferably white?

i see Edwards do them, but not sure where to look to find them
:facepalm:

Anyone got any infos on these?

or any other replica?

Thanks

Halford

More important - How were the fleshpots of America? I see you survived....

• Members

More important - How were the fleshpots of America? I see you survived....

LOL

yeah was great.

Man, that castro :cop:

I stayed with some people for a few days (not gay) and ....yip.... you guessed it...right next to the castro. So everyday i had to go through there and back home again....so funny :cop:

San Fran is a great place

Went to Santa Cruz for a wedding which is why i was over there - Santa Cruz was cool - little more "American" than SF. I was very surprised about how un-american it was? this was coming from another country by the way. Didnt know it was so librel

• Members

epiphone. But Gibson Vs are not that expensive to begin with if you buy new and the used market is full of them for great prices, why don't you just buy a Gibson?

What are they worth?

Can you give me a rough estimate on costs?

New vs Used and Epiphone etc

Are they neck through or set neck? sorry, dont know much about gibsons....

Reason i want a cheapish one, is i might not like it.

Just seeing whats out there first....i should go into music store and play one.

Actually...that's what i will do Monday....no i hope they have one

• Members

The classic Vs are generally set neck, some REAL cheap versions are bolton...the neck through are more the pointier version like the Jackson King V, Carvin etc...

as far as prices go... about 1200new/700used for a Gibson, 600new/300used for the Epi and 800new/500used for the Edwards. These are US prices though.

• Members

Sorry to hijack your thread with your help....Santa Cruz....yeah, it's
very
different (Go Banana Slugs!!!) and very,
very
, liberal.
:lol:

No Gibby dealers in your country? NZ, right?

Hey

I didnt get to see a whole lot of Santa Cruz.... but the family that was having the wedding were very VERY conservative. They dad even had a t shirt on that said "Conservative" :cop:

Are you agreeing with me that SC is very different or not?

I guess i should of said the above also, was my experience. They took us to some cowboy bar :facepalm: out of town. Got to watch everyone try ride the maniacal bull :facepalm:

Of course i had loads of fun visiting all the skateshops, loads of history there :thu:

Yeah there are Gibby dealers...i just dont go check out much stuff as its WAY overpriced and usually they are shit.

What years should i look at for second hand?

Avoid anything after 2000's? i cant remember what people have been saying about quality control ....

• Members

The classic Vs are generally set neck, some REAL cheap versions are bolton...the neck through are more the pointier version like the Jackson King V, Carvin etc...

as far as prices go... about 1200new/700used for a Gibson, 600new/300used for the Epi and 800new/500used for the Edwards. These are US prices though.

thanks for that - those prices are all good :cop:

What about the necks? did they do a few sizes? im looking for as thin as possible

• Members

if you can get past the headstock, the Dean V's are friggin awesome. I picked one up last year and its just such an amazing guitar.

I bet they are.

But unfortunately...i will never get past the headstock .....

• Members

not bad!

but little to modern for me - i like the classics

Well if you want a more "modern" neck, it's not going to get more classic looking than that. You could just slap a pick guard on there and it would give it a more classic look.

• Members

Well if you want a more "modern" neck, it's not going to get more classic looking than that. You could just slap a pick guard on there and it would give it a more classic look.

Yeah i know i am not going to find what i want in the neck, but if they do those thin ones like they dig on the epi les pauls il be happy

Not really a fan of anything modern, just me :facepalm:

The one you posted is not bad, reminds me of the arch enemy guys first v he got (edit: just saw it again, similar with the little cut aways)

i would have to say that is the closet looking modern one i have seen

• Members

Warmoth? You can get a classic V body and a shredder thin neck if you are not prejudice against bolt ons.

Good thinking.

I got a Warmoth Star already, dont really want another one.

Il just look for a second hand gibby or epi looks easiest

• Members

thanks for that - those prices are all good

What about the necks? did they do a few sizes? im looking for as thin as possible

The Gibson neck is not super thin but it is a fast neck. for V's, you can pretty much buy any year, of course it's better if you can try before you buy, but that's for anything really.

Archived