mako is sold...

NinjaRaf

• Members

NOOooOoOoooOooo!!!!!! I understand. I've sold gear a couple times to take care of my family. In fact, i did it recently when i sold my 5153 and mesa cab. Gear I lusted over for years and said I would never get rid of, but you do what you have to do. You can always get it again one day.

• Members

Words!! Yeah, I was kinda sad when the dude left with it this morning, but then I spent 3 hours cleaning out and organizing our guest room. Then I changed the strings on my ninja, cranked the 5150 212, and said {censored} it. This goddamned thing is ME all {censored}ing day. And the Dimarzio Dominion in the ninja is {censored}ing DESTROYING EMGs in every {censored}ing way. Ive already had 2 people that played it say they massively prefer it to their EMGs.

I did try the Mako through the 5150 FX loop, and it sounded horrible :lol: SUPER fizzy, but I kinda expected that since the bias on these is still pretty low and Im rocking the stock Sheffields.

Backstory: Im trying to get my car paid off before my kid is born around end of August, so I sold the Mako and grabbed a 5150 212, putting about 400 bucks back in my pocket, which is 2 months worth of car payments.

• Members

Words!! Yeah, I was kinda sad when the dude left with it this morning, but then I spent 3 hours cleaning out and organizing our guest room. Then I changed the strings on my ninja, cranked the 5150 212, and said {censored} it. This goddamned thing is ME all {censored}ing day. And the Dimarzio Dominion in the ninja is {censored}ing DESTROYING EMGs in every {censored}ing way. Ive already had 2 people that played it say they massively prefer it to their EMGs.

I did try the Mako through the 5150 FX loop, and it sounded horrible :lol: SUPER fizzy, but I kinda expected that since the bias on these is still pretty low and Im rocking the stock Sheffields.

Backstory: Im trying to get my car paid off before my kid is born around end of August, so I sold the Mako and grabbed a 5150 212, putting about 400 bucks back in my pocket, which is 2 months worth of car payments.

• Members

I did try the Mako through the 5150 FX loop, and it sounded horrible
:lol:
SUPER fizzy, but I kinda expected that since the bias on these is still pretty low and Im rocking the stock Sheffields.

Good deal bro. I think the 5150 sounds great and it's way better suited for your current situation. And getting ahead on the car payments before your child is born is a great decision.

• Members

Good deal bro. I think the 5150 sounds great and it's way better suited for your current situation. And getting ahead on the car payments before your child is born is a great decision.

I agree, in every way. The 5150 212 is one of those amps thats basically a keeper no matter what, at least now it is lol. I thought that before and sold it like an idiot. Im not touching the {censored}. Its gonna chill where it is and get cranked and Ill only touch it if Im going somewhere else to jam :lol:

• Members

I agree, in every way. The 5150 212 is one of those amps thats basically a keeper no matter what, at least now it is lol. I thought that before and sold it like an idiot. Im not touching the {censored}. Its gonna chill where it is and get cranked and Ill only touch it if Im going somewhere else to jam

I knew youd get a 5150 again :D

I love that amp too, and even after trying tons of other amps, the 5150 combo remains my favorite ever (5150 ii, 6505+, and all head versions to me just arent the same). Like you said, maybe its not the best tone, but its me and i love it.

• Members

I did try the Mako through the 5150 FX loop, and it sounded horrible
SUPER fizzy, but I kinda expected that since the bias on these is still pretty low and Im rocking the stock Sheffields.

Dimarzio dominion? Oh no... Please dont give me gas.. Ill end up buying them, ranting about them on here and then later selling them and buying new EMGs at a loss because im a sucker.. :cry:

Archived