I'm watching Shameless Season 2. Anyone watch this show?

Rey Gato

• Members

My wife and I saw an Episode of a show called Shameless a couple of months ago. We enjoyed it, so I downloaded the first 3 seasons. Turns out the show I downloaded is the original English version which started in 2004, and is still running. The American version which started in 2011 is almost an exact copy. The dialogue in the first episode is pretty much word for word. The US version isn't bad, but it's not as good as the original. It seems like it's trying too hard. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm from Manchester, but I love this show.

• Members

Haven't watched the English version yet, but I think the one on shotime is awesome.

Off topic side note, they are making a American version of misfits, {censored}in lame. I can guarantee its gonna suck, just like they {censored}ed up US Skins.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Gato

View Post

My wife and I saw an Episode of a show called Shameless a couple of months ago. We enjoyed it, so I downloaded the first 3 seasons. Turns out the show I downloaded is the original English version which started in 2004, and is still running. The American version which started in 2011 is almost an exact copy. The dialogue in the first episode is pretty much word for word. The US version isn't bad, but it's not as good as the original. It seems like it's trying too hard. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm from Manchester, but I love this show.

From Manchester, eh? Red or blue side?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux View Post
From Manchester, eh? Red or blue side?
There's a blue side? icon_lol.gif

Interesting fact: Man United is the most valuable sports team in the world at 2.7 BILLION dollars. Worth almost 1 billion dollars more than 2nd place Dallas Cowboys.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Rey Gato View Post
There's a blue side? icon_lol.gif

Interesting fact: Man United is the most valuable sports team in the world at 2.7 BILLION dollars. Worth almost 1 billion dollars more than 2nd place Dallas Cowboys.
Another interesting fact is that it's not even in the city of Manchester wink.gif

• Members

Hell, Game of Thrones can take on the other premium channels solo.
I've only seen the 2nd season of the US version and I liked it. The dad is the {censored}tiest father in the history of tv. Every time there's a scene with him I wondering wtf is he going to do next.

• Members

I like it (US version) a lot - it's a great combo of drama and comedy, characters are interesting, dialogue is good, and its very well acted. First season was better, but second season had its moments (second last episode was great). Probably my third favourite show right now behind Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux View Post
Another interesting fact is that it's not even in the city of Manchester wink.gif
What the {censored} are you on about? Old Trafford is part of Greater Manchester. If you're saying it's not actually in the City of Manchester, well, that's just semantics, it's still Manchester. I am from Audenshaw, which is much farther away from the City center, but still part of Greater Manchester. Besides, if I said I was from Audenshaw, no one knows where the {censored} that is.

I'll say one thing, if the council estate on Shameless is an accurate representation of current council housing in England, it's a damn sight better than when I was a kid. There was a council estate up the street from me, and it was a scary {censored}ing place. I steered way clear of it whenever I could.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Rey Gato View Post
Haven't gotten around the original version, but looking forward to, since I like the US version.

Quote Originally Posted by RunJonnyRun View Post
Haven't watched the English version yet, but I think the one on shotime is awesome.

Off topic side note, they are making a American version of misfits, {censored}in lame. I can guarantee its gonna suck, just like they {censored}ed up US Skins.
My wife and I refused to watch the US version of Skins. Then again, I haven't seen the British version of Jersey Shore yet. icon_lol.giffacepalm.gificon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by HottKarl View Post
Whatever. The American version has this chick getting nekkid, several times. We win.

Emmy-Rossum-43.jpg

emmy-rossum-Hot-Picture.jpg
Emmy Rossum FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
the only amazing show on showtime is dexter

hbo > showtime
Wrong. Showtime > HBO

Showtime has lots of great shows, Dexter just leads them.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Love the US version. William Macy is awesome. Best show on Tv.

you must have low standards. uk version {censored}s on everything on tv ever.

the us version is just a little more watchable than most shows on tv, but being a fan of the original really ruins this show. the BEST characters in the uk version, are pedestrians in the us version.

Archived