OT...Darksiders 2 COULD have been so good.

Likes Loomis

• Members

If they had put the final sheen on it, fixed the framerate, and most of all...

MADE THE DAMN CONTROLS WORK LIKE THEY SHOULD!!

I'll explain:

All is well until you get to the Construct Hulk boss battle.

You have to throw the bombs he dislodges at him to damage him so you can attack when he is vulnerable. Sounds easy enought...right?

Well, it would be if Death would actually pick up the bombs instead of "swiping" at them only to come up empty handed. Not to mention, the f'ing "evade" doesn't work worth a {censored} either, so good luck trying to get away from the boss's attacks, as well as his minions so you can catch your breath before you go on the offensive again.

I'm all for a challenge, so don't get me wrong. But when the fundemental gameplay mechanic like basic {censored}ing control is broken...that'll kill my enjoyment of a game faster than Chris Hanson kills a pedo's potential date night with his annoying "why don't you have a seat right there".

F THQ and Darksiders 2. And what a shame, because I really enjoyed finishing the first one.

:facepalm::mad:

• Members

Haven't played it, but almost every game these days seems like it's one or two beta passes away from being done. They just release them anyway and count on patching them up to where they should have been at release whenever they get around to it. It's kinda BS.

• Members

I have the 360 version. And I'm right there with ya' on diggin' it while I was playing it.

But then I got to the part I mentioned above and the game started to unravel on me.

I suggest you play it up to where I got to. Try that boss battle and tell me what you think.

I don't know...maybe the Steam/PC version won't have the issues the 360 is having.

Let me know.

• Members

Haven't played it, but almost every game these days seems like it's one or two beta passes away from being done. They just release them anyway and count on patching them up to where they should have been at release whenever they get around to it. It's kinda BS.

The first game i can remember with this problem was KOTOR 2 but it does seem to be happening a lot more nowdays.

• Members

Just got it the other day, haven't gotten too far, but I am enjoying the {censored} out of it. Haven't gotten to the point in the OP yet though (I am running the PC version). Honestly, I'm stuck at a point right now and don't know what to do, and I know for a fact its just because I am being stupid :facepalm:

Archived