What's your Guitar Center song?

BerkleeBill

• Members

You know ... Your bored and you go to CG to jam on some amps and guitars. What do you play?

Me -- no Stairway or Sweet Child here. Actually, I've been trolling GC with Politician for a while now. I usually scoop the mids and make it sound especially {censored}ty before ripping into it.

Often goes ignored, but is pure comedy gold when it actually elicits comments from people :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if I go into a music store , I play whatever comes to me weather I wrote it or someone else. It's all about feeling for me. I don't play to impress or have others listen when I'm demoing gear. I want to hear the gear not others opinions. If Stairway is the proper song to play at that moment I play it.

I usually play what I have been practicing that week.

• Members

I like to play ska and reggae. I never ever hear anyone noodling in that arena. Too simple to be seen in public playing. :lol:

Same with surf. Pretty much all I have ever heard at guitar center from the customers is metal or blooze. They try to impress. If I actually take the time to find a cable, amp, and guitar, it's because I'm legitimately curious about how it sounds. If I wanna just jam, I'll stay home. I like my gear better anyhow.

Not that I don't thrive on the approval of strangers though, I'd just rather get it at shows than at GC. :)

• Members

I have a few:

1. Looks that Kill - Motley Crue

2. Seek and Destroy - Metallica

3. Round and Round - Ratt

And usually some stuff I make up on the spot, with some other songs I cant remember mixed in. Ill probably edit this when I think of more.

• Members

I ask the guy working to play the guitar while I play with the amp dials since I can't really play guitar, then I criticize his technique. It makes me feel better about myself.

:lol:

I open up with some Smoke on the Water, followed by a Sweet Child of Mine/Stairway to Heaven medley, followed by all 5 minutes of the Freebird solo.

• Members

I usually play a few open chords first to hear how well I can hear individual strings, move up a bit on the neck for some minor rock/blue/jazz riffs, then get up on the higher frets to see how well it feels, sounds for soloing. If it fails in any of those categories I put the guitar back on the rack and move onto another one. Sometimes this drives the store employees nuts, but {censored} them, if I'm dropping hard earned cash on a guitar, it's going to be something worth my time determining I really like it before even taking it home.

Archived