No announcement yet.

What's your Guitar Center song?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your Guitar Center song?

You know ... Your bored and you go to CG to jam on some amps and guitars. What do you play?

Me -- no Stairway or Sweet Child here. Actually, I've been trolling GC with Politician for a while now. I usually scoop the mids and make it sound especially ****************ty before ripping into it.

Often goes ignored, but is pure comedy gold when it actually elicits comments from people

if I go into a music store , I play whatever comes to me weather I wrote it or someone else. It's all about feeling for me. I don't play to impress or have others listen when I'm demoing gear. I want to hear the gear not others opinions. If Stairway is the proper song to play at that moment I play it.

I usually play what I have been practicing that week.

Comment

I play whatever unless some ass decides to volume war with me. Then I crank up and play Overkill's Elimination. That either gets them to turn down or gets me thrown out. Either way, problem solved.
      Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
        Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

Usually some of my ****************. Because, if i'm looking to buy an amp I want my **************** to sound good on it.
          Guitars:
          2011 Gibson LP Traditional Plus
          2004 Gibson LP Studio Alpine White
          1996 Yamaha 121d w/SD screamin deamon
          2002 Ibanez RG 470 MIJ
          Yamaha Acoustic

Amps
          Marshall JVM 210h
          Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
          Peavey Ultra 60
          BlackStar HT-5 Combo
          BlackStar HT-100

Cabs
          Peavey Ultra 412
          Marshall 1960a
          Marshall MF280

http://www.facebook.com/sin4sin

Comment

Thick as a Brick.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

I like to play ska and reggae. I never ever hear anyone noodling in that arena. Too simple to be seen in public playing.

Same with surf. Pretty much all I have ever heard at guitar center from the customers is metal or blooze. They try to impress. If I actually take the time to find a cable, amp, and guitar, it's because I'm legitimately curious about how it sounds. If I wanna just jam, I'll stay home. I like my gear better anyhow.

Not that I don't thrive on the approval of strangers though, I'd just rather get it at shows than at GC.
              Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

I have a few:
                1. Looks that Kill - Motley Crue
                2. Seek and Destroy - Metallica
                3. Round and Round - Ratt
                And usually some stuff I make up on the spot, with some other songs I cant remember mixed in. Ill probably edit this when I think of more.
                If you think this forum sucks visit here:http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php started by user guitarbilly74

Comment

I'm the blewz noodler
                  (Personal footnote: I'm 56, and a lot of things don't work so great anymore. The wrist is one example. Another is my Johnson, which doesn't fire up like it used to. Sometimes it hardly works at all. A year ago it actually backfired. The guy at the outboard motor repair shop where I bring it says this is common with an old Johnson.)

Comment

COC-Shake Like You

Down- Losing All
                    Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

I usually just noodle on **************** that I am making up on the spot.
                      Good deal (s) with: shane159

Comment

I ask the guy working to play the guitar while I play with the amp dials since I can't really play guitar, then I criticize his technique. It makes me feel better about myself.
                        Some Gear:
                        Bogner EL34 Shiva
                        Peavey Delta Blues
                        Line 6 POD HD 500
                        Various Guitars mostly cheap.

Click here for a list of references: link
                        Bad transactions: Willshrdforfood

Spam: Sold out. Check back later.

Comment

I ask the guy working to play the guitar while I play with the amp dials since I can't really play guitar, then I criticize his technique. It makes me feel better about myself.

I open up with some Smoke on the Water, followed by a Sweet Child of Mine/Stairway to Heaven medley, followed by all 5 minutes of the Freebird solo.
                          Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

I open up with some Smoke on the Water, followed by a Sweet Child of Mine/Stairway to Heaven medley, followed by all 5 minutes of the Freebird solo.

You forgot Enter Sandman and Smells Like Teen Spirit.
                            BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                            Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

You forgot Enter Sandman and Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Those are my warmups.
                              Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X