Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have cancelled our Cable subscription eeek

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So its been a month and a half and we actually haven't missed anything. We can stream our favorite shows online like the day after they air (ie: amazing race, how I met your mother, walking dead). I find I haven't been such a couch potato as well. Not bad at all. cheers, Lucius

edit: Oh my friend had like 900+ movies on his hdd that he let me copy so we are set for awhile
    Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

FS: Mesa Dual Rec - SOLD! To the man with the big green shoes!

Comment

You're not saving money, you're stealing. I know you don't care so spare me your dip**************** response.

//
      He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

Gots to have my DirecTV. NFL Sunday Ticket party Bitches!!!
        Rivera K-Tre
        Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

Local sports and the missus usually stop me from giving it up. Other than sports, I don't watch ANYTHING on TV that I would miss, or couldn't get from the networks' own websites, netflix, or hulu plus.

The missus watches all kinds of dumb **************** that she apparently can't live without, so . . .
          PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
          Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
          Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
          YouTube
          Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

Local sports and the missus usually stop me from giving it up. Other than sports, I don't watch ANYTHING on TV that I would miss, or couldn't get from the networks' own websites, netflix, or hulu plus.

The missus watches all kinds of dumb **************** that she apparently can't live without, so . . .

I'm in the same boat. If it weren't for the wife and kids thinking they need their pointless shows I'd be saving another $80 a month. Oh well...still saving about $100/month over cable with DirecTV.
            PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst
            Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)
            PRS SE One
            --
            EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab
            Blackstar HT-5

Comment

Cable and satellite free for 5 years and the kids grades went through the roof. Just use a Roku - love it when we all want to watch something.

Comment

Haven't had cable for about 7 years (well I technically had basic cable at my last rental place but didn't have the cable box to actually watch it).

Private tracker and/or Icefilms for me. Shows are usually up within an hour after they air, with no commercials I might add. For sports I either walk over to the bar (1/2 a block) or don't bother and catch highlights later. With no hockey this year (most likely) it's not a big deal. Almost no TV networks broadcast online here, and US networks are blocked so that's not an option. TSN and CTV do, but they use that stupid antiquated Silverlight plugin

Comment

I could probably do this except for sports (NFL), but I could just as easily watch at a friend's house. My girlfriend could not live without the housewives **************** on Bravo.

Comment

I finally dropped cable almost 2 months ago. I don't really miss anything, except for football, but I rarely watch that at home, anyway. I usually watch the game at a buddy's house or the local pub.

I've been much less of a couch-potato without cable. I have to put a bit more thought in finding something to watch on Netflix, so I only watch when I really want to, not just because it's there.

Of course, I'm way behind on new shows, but I've never really scheduled my life around TV shows anyhow. Usually I'm so behind, I forget spoilers my friends told me when I finally get to the episode in question So I really don't mind being behind.
                    Jet Setter

CURRENT RIG:
                    2004 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (SD PGb bridge, DMZ VVB neck)
                    2011 Fender Blacktop Telecaster (SD PG set)
                    Jet City JCA100H
                    Mojo 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks
                    lots 'o pedals

CURRENT BAND:
                    The Medicine Years
                    https://soundcloud.com/themedicineyears

Comment

I cancelled Cable me too but i have to subscribe again for my kids.. All the stuff i'm listening too, i'm listening through internet.. I rarely open the TV.. Maybe to watch some Hockey game here and there that's it.. Today, its a waste of money if you have internet and know where to look to find your favorite tv show
                      DJChrispy

"**************** RHYTHM, I PLAY LEAD"

Sorry for my bad englishhhhh

Comment

I cancelled mine about a year ago. I'm still alive. I get the ball games, PBS, and Netflix anything else.
                        Originally Posted by TornadoOfSouls

Who cares, there's no cock and it looks better than most chicks out there.

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

I wonder if any of your 10,000+ posts don't make you look like a ****************tard.

Comment

I cancelled my cable 2 1/2 years ago but they forgot to actually turn it off.

2 years and counting here too. I figure it's because we have our internet service from them as well. They'd have to actually send someone out to put a filter on our line or something.
                          If I ever have to call for service on the modem or anything I figure they'll probably shut it off then.

Comment

To be fair, I don't think you can really say you dumped cable, when you stream all your shows on broadband to make up for it....I mean let's be realistic..

I dumped broadband about 6 mos ago...currently have the most basic of cable so my wife gets channels from her homeland. I watch DVDs and Big Bang Theory.

DVDs are starting to go bye bye...and I am just about ready to go get a gym membership and do what I did when I didn't have cable, internet, email, forums, and all that other media bull****************....get out of the house...
                            http://sites.google.com/site/bizflyer/

Comment

To be fair, I don't think you can really say you dumped cable, when you stream all your shows on broadband to make up for it....I mean let's be realistic..

The $60 a month that I'm not paying anymore says otherwise...

Comment

Not sure how I feel about not having cable but we'll give it a try. The boys basically just watch the netflix on the rare occassion they do watch. Guess we'll have to try getting and US IP to get the US netflix (I hear it is better the the Canadian version). Anyone else cable free? Cheers, Lucius

Lucius, you picked a perfect time to cut cable TV. I cut the cord since 2003 and since then, you now have more online streaming options. Back in the day, it was DVD'S, music, books, or video games. Now you have the ability to pick and choose.

You'll live and be fine. You'll eventually find the time for the gaps you lost to ****************ty programming and be more productive.

Comment

Working...
                                X