Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys get around the bandwidth caps instituted by ISP's?

Good question. what is the data rate streaming from netflix? cheers, Lucius

Edit: http://blog.netflix.com/2011/03/netflix-lowers-data-usage-by-23-for.html
    Good transactions with: Brewski, gtpfbod, Xenoanthropus, wassupg,NickCormier, Ben J , Skyhighrocks, JonathanD, gooman, UVguy, Rho, Erocku, warplanegrey, exilea, Jerryp, Mogwai, thefyn, guitarslinger, Mr Scary, madrigal77,Dark Aegis, a few others that have slipped my mind.

FS: Mesa Dual Rec - SOLD! To the man with the big green shoes!

Comment

Haven't had any television programming in my house for about 8 years. Not even antenna. We only fire up the tube for movies. It's very liberating to ditch television and I'm always recommending my friends and family to do the same.
      Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
      Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about not having cable but we'll give it a try. The boys basically just watch the netflix on the rare occassion they do watch. Guess we'll have to try getting and US IP to get the US netflix (I hear it is better the the Canadian version). Anyone else cable free? Cheers, Lucius

If you get the US version, one thing I like is the availability of a bunch of TV series, including those I've heard of or seen some shows of before and those I've never heard of, which sometimes end up being favorites.
        __________________________________________________ ________
        Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

I'd have a very hard time going without NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv. The thing that sucks is I only watch a couple other channels (my guilty pleasure channels: Food Network and Cooking Channel, I don't think there is a replacement viewing option for them but I could be wrong). I really don't watch much else. When I can get a live, HD replacement for Sunday Ticket then cutting Directv would certainly be an option.

I thought I'd have a difficult time not watching my favorite NFL team play, but then again I stopped watching even when I had satellite because the games more than occasionally caused more grief to watch than joy.
          __________________________________________________ ________
          Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

That's basically the way to do it. I just use Netflix on my PS3 and then download the few shows I like from Icefilms or torrents and stream them to my PS3 from my PC using TVersity. For sports I just fire up JustinTV in the PS3's web browser and watch that way. It all works perfectly and other than the sports streams, I never have to watch or skip through any commercials

So you just steal as you've mentioned before. You're not saving money, you're stealing. I know you don't care so spare me your dip**************** response.

Comment

I'd have a very hard time going without NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv. The thing that sucks is I only watch a couple other channels (my guilty pleasure channels: Food Network and Cooking Channel, I don't think there is a replacement viewing option for them but I could be wrong). I really don't watch much else. When I can get a live, HD replacement for Sunday Ticket then cutting Directv would certainly be an option.

You can order the Direct TV Sunday Ticket for $199 through the playstation 3

Comment

I thought I'd have a difficult time not watching my favorite NFL team play, but then again I stopped watching even when I had satellite because the games more than occasionally caused more grief to watch than joy.

I absolutely know that feeling -- I'm Dolphins fan. Oddly, Sunday Ticket has helped in that regard because I just surf to a more interesting game. I originally signed up for Sunday Ticket when the Jacksonville entered the league because the local AFC station has to cover them instead of the Dolphins. Now I pretty much use it as a diversion from the Dolphins' weekly disasters.
                My YouTube Channel -- Videos From Shows I Have Attended

Comment

You can order the Direct TV Sunday Ticket for $199 through the playstation 3

For real? I didn't know that. I'm committed to satellite delivery for this season, but I'm definitely going to check into this...
                  My YouTube Channel -- Videos From Shows I Have Attended

Comment

If I could find SAMCRO, Breaking Bad, MadMen and Walking Dead over the net somewhere, I'd absolutely kill by DirecTV subscription!
                    Those are the only shows I really give a **************** about these days. FOX Sports also has the local sports that I watch too...but I could watch just about any game on FirstRowSports.com
                    Amp:
                    Laney AOR 50
                    Emperor 4x12
                    Clips
                    Buyer/Seller References

Comment

**************** the man. Pay that bastard ISP minimal $ for the internets and then minimal $ for movie/tv services. Enjoy it all while you can because the big ol' ISPs are lobbying the gov hard to keep their dick up your ass.

Free market capitalism FTML, bitch!
                      My **bleep** hurts

Comment

I quit a few years ago because I didn't want to give another cent to MTV and all the garbage TV networks they force you to pay.
                        Don't miss it at all. Use my rabbit ears & waste time on the net.
                        People have rallied to stop cable from bundling bull**************** you don't want to watch, but it seems like a lost cause.
                        RISE UP PEOPLE!!!

Comment

I have it mainly for sports like soccer and college football.
                          He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

Netflix in Canada is a joke. I mean, a complete farce, is what it is. When you log in for the first time and brows around your reaction, without exception, is "Uh, where is everything?" Well, there isn't anything else there. That's Canada for you. Absolutely any time there is the same product as the US but in the Canada version that Canada version is a barren shell of the USA version. That goes for everything.

Guitars: Music Man JP6; Jackson USA Select SLS; Hand Made Customs / Amp/Effects: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra
                            Bass: Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 / Amp/Effects: Roland CB-30
                            Drums: Roland TD-20 / / Amp/Effect: lolwut?

Comment

Get the program called "hotspot shield" it randomizes your IP address, and you can usually end up with a US one, and then stream US netflix! I too am from the Vancouver area, and it works for me
                              Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Ebony

Dunlop 535q Wah
                              Electro Harmonix Pog 2
                              Korg Pitchblack Tuner
                              MXR Custom Bad Ass Modified OD
                              MXR EVH Phase 90
                              MXR Micro Flanger
                              Boss DD7 Delay

Orange AD140 HTC
                              Orange PPC412

Comment

I'm gonna go wax my brows then brows some movies.
                                He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

Working...
                                X