Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped a couple of years ago. Cable is so bad now its just ridiculous. With the internet, netflix, redbox, dvd's I have already, and video games, and my friend trying to convince me to watch Game of Thrones I'm more than good on video entertainment.

These LCD's are hurting my eyes.

Comment

I've been cable free for about 5 years. I just didn't see the point in paying for 200 channels when I only watched 5 of them. BTW, Icefilms is your friend
      Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
      LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
      Agile PS900 Blue Flame
      Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
      Amps:
      EVH 5150 III 100w
      EVH 5150 III 4x12
      Effects:
      POD HD300
      MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

Going on two years with no cable also. We get netflix and hulu, it's good enough for us.
        GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

I've been cable free for about 5 years. I just didn't see the point in paying for 200 channels when I only watched 5 of them. BTW, Icefilms is your friend

Yeah no ****************. Why can't they just sell me a few channels for a few bucks? Like maybe 5 for $10 a month. They can turn individual channels on and off like HBO. I have a hard time believing that they can't just do that with all channels. Its like they want us to believe that computers don't exist and it would be too much work to keep up with all of that. BS!

Comment

Yeah no ****************. Why can't they just sell me a few channels for a few bucks? Like maybe 5 for $10 a month. They can turn individual channels on and off like HBO. I have a hard time believing that they can't just do that with all channels. Its like they want us to believe that computers don't exist and it would be too much work to keep up with all of that. BS!

It's not like they negotiate with individual channels. They get them in packages much like you do. Just look at the DirecTV fiasco from a month or two ago.
            GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by carvinlegacy99
              View Post

I wish this is how is worked. I'd be on board if I could only get like 4-5 select cable channels.
              PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

They might have to eventually try to work something out because I know lots of ppl who have given up on cable. The main problem is how bad the programming is. Its like almost every show is some (fake) reality show just because they don't want to spend money to make something worth watching.

Comment

But if you think about it, everything eventually will just stream through the internet and cable providers will be obsolete. So we are just like ahead of everyone else with the whole dropping cable thing. I've always considered us to be, ya know, ahead of the game, maybe trend setters, not trend followers.

**************** cable.

Comment

We went antenna and hulu plus about 2 weeks ago!
                    Mesa Triple Recto
                    Marshall 2203 Clone
                    Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

But if you think about it, everything eventually will just stream through the internet and cable providers will be obsolete. So we are just like ahead of everyone else with the whole dropping cable thing. I've always considered us to be, ya know, ahead of the game, maybe trend setters, not trend followers.

**************** cable.

Comment

I killed the cable about 4 months ago. I opened a bill for $130 (basic cable and internet), thought about the fact that I hadn't watched even 5 minutes of cable in 3 months, and said "**************** this." I have Netflex, Youtube and Hulu via my Xbox 360 piped through a beautiful 52" plasma, and I have to say I'm completely happy. My bill is now $52 (internet only), and the cost of Netflix is almost nothing since I split an account with my brother.
                        Main Rig:
                        LTD EC1000
                        Peavey 6505+
                        Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                        TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                        Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                        M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                          View Post

I killed the cable about 4 months ago. I opened a bill for $130 (basic cable and internet), thought about the fact that I hadn't watched even 5 minutes of cable in 3 months, and said "**************** this." I have Netflex, Youtube and Hulu via my Xbox 360 piped through a beautiful 52" plasma, and I have to say I'm completely happy. My bill is now $52 (internet only), and the cost of Netflix is almost nothing since I split an account with my brother.

That's basically the way to do it. I just use Netflix on my PS3 and then download the few shows I like from Icefilms or torrents and stream them to my PS3 from my PC using TVersity. For sports I just fire up JustinTV in the PS3's web browser and watch that way. It all works perfectly and other than the sports streams, I never have to watch or skip through any commercials
                          Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
                          LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
                          Agile PS900 Blue Flame
                          Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
                          Amps:
                          EVH 5150 III 100w
                          EVH 5150 III 4x12
                          Effects:
                          POD HD300
                          MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

Cable free for over two years.
                            Originally Posted by diddlybo

Just last week I went to the local GC with my 18 inch cock to buy several guitars and amps. On the way out I punched a hole clean thru the body of a MIM Tele, which caused the entire store to give me a standing ovation.

Originally Posted by ShaneV2

I play gay through the amp- it involves plugging into the amp's output jack. Sometimes you end up blowing a tranny though.

Comment

Been 3-4 years since Ive had cable. Its liberating, and saves you money.
                              Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

This is why cable companies would like to put a cap on your bandwidth if you use them as a cable and internet provider. Lots of people are dropping the cable service and using streaming entertainment instead and it's cutting into their business.
                                Some Gear:
                                Bogner EL34 Shiva
                                Peavey Delta Blues
                                Line 6 POD HD 500
                                Various Guitars mostly cheap.

Click here for a list of references: link
                                Bad transactions: Willshrdforfood

Spam: Sold out. Check back later.

Comment

Working...
                                X