Ever wonder how nimble an F-18 is?

Axe_34

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awesome vid.

My Dad flew fighter jets in the Marines. He told me stories of doing river runs like that but with two jets. He said he and his wing man would fight about who would lead and who would follow. The ideal spot being behind the lead so you could watch the fishermen on the banks of the river freak out as the sound of the first jet hit them as the following jet was going by.

• Members

when I was a kid F16 were constantly flying very low around our area. Sounds cool at first but it gets old real quick.

Luckily it seems our country does not have any money to fly them anymore.

This is very true I lived 5 min from a US NAF base in Kanagawa and they pissed me off when I was watching a movie. ~They hit there after burners and that's it no TV sound for a couple of minutes

I could see the control tower from my balcony

IMGP1566smaller.jpg

• Members

when I was a kid F16 were constantly flying very low around our area. Sounds cool at first but it gets old real quick.

Luckily it seems our country does not have any money to fly them anymore.

:facepalm: fail. move to canada.

"welcome to VA Beach. dont mind the jet noise. at least they're ours!!!!" my barracks at dam neck was right in the glide slope. i got a boner. EVERY. TIME.

haters/hikers gon hate/hike

• Members

Hard to believe it's a 30+ year old design. The F22 is marginally better but waaaay over budget. The Navy got it's money's worth with the F/A18

marginally better? more agility, better high altitude performance, stealth, super-cruise...i agree in certain situations the F-18 can hold its own, but overall the F-22 is the vastly superior aircraft. more expensive, yes, but when you look at the fact that the F-18 has been in service for so many years, the F-22 will also be in service for decades, and it will justify the cost IMO. honestly, all of our planes are probably the best in the world, and i like to keep it that way. there are three things our country shouldnt skimp on when it comes to spending...education, defense, and the space program. sadly...those seem to be the three things the govt wants to cut first. bastards!

and i agree on the F-4...seriously awesome looking plane. sad they thought that traditional dogfighting was over when they designed it. no guns? wtf were they thinking?

Archived