Alright guitarists, how did the guitarist for Nazareth get that solo on Love Hurts?

Cropduster

• Members

i'm honestly shocked that anybody would even ask about that song in any musical context, which is possibly the worst song ever written NOT penned by warren zevon.

Why the hate for it bro? It haz a nice solo unheard at the time. :idk:

Then again, back in the 3rd World, this was played on dive bars and strip joints, so publicly liking this song makes you unattractive to the college gals. :lol:

• Members

Warren Zevon? What kind of mother {censored}ing dick doesn't like Warren Zevon?

mother {censored}ing piece of mother {censored}ing {censored}

i'm honestly shocked that anybody would even ask about that song in any musical context, which is possibly the worst song ever written NOT penned by warren zevon.

• Members

Why the hate for it bro? It haz a nice solo unheard at the time.
:idk:

Then again, back in the 3rd World, this was played on dive bars and strip joints, so publicly liking this song makes you unattractive to the college gals.
:lol:

there's a lotta reasons, but first and foremost, kermit the frog (aka their vocalist) has a vibrato that makes me wish i could survive decapitation, only so my i could not hear the horrible sound coming out of the dilapidated 8 track that shit was coming from while i destroy to poor fool who picked it up being ironic at a thrift store, and then destroy the tape itself so that it may be purged from humanity.

second. that horrible slide solo. really: see first reason. it's the guitar equivalent.

i dunno. ouch. hurts my ears.

in the meantime... i'm not so certain that publically liking this song wouldn't elicit the same response in the first world as well-- but makes you maybe .069% less creepy than being a jethro tull fan in a school zone.

• Members

Warren Zevon? What kind of mother fucking dick doesn't like Warren Zevon?

mother fucking piece of mother fucking shit

:lol:

now.. this is about nazareth.

[but ugh.. yeah.. warren zevon. who EVER listened to werewolves of london and said 'yeah man.. that's IT' unless they'd been doing bong hits all day? :D]

• Members

there's a lotta reasons, but first and foremost, kermit the frog (aka their vocalist) has a vibrato that makes me wish i could survive decapitation, only so my i could not hear the horrible sound coming out of the dilapidated 8 track that shit was coming from while i destroy to poor fool who picked it up being ironic at a thrift store, and then destroy the tape itself so that it may be purged from humanity.

second. that horrible slide solo. really: see first reason. it's the guitar equivalent.

i dunno. ouch. hurts my ears.

in the meantime... i'm not so certain that publically liking this song wouldn't elicit the same response in the first world as well-- but makes you maybe .069% less creepy than being a jethro tull fan in a school zone.

Oh shi- :lol:

• Members

I saw the original lineup back in the 80s (twice). Saw him use it on a couple tunes, this flight tonight (very awesome performance tbh) etc. :shrug:

O/T: I remember my ears ringing for over a day after the second concert. Major contributer to my tinnitus. :mad:

Archived