Fender Super Champ (rivera era) footswitch :)

'63-Strat

• Members

So I never had the footswitch for this amp, my parents got it used for something like $250 cdn for me as my first amp back in like '94. I remember trying a marshall footswitch I had for my 900 and it sort of worked, I could switch from clean to lead but what I really needed was two diff overdrive volumes. I can always roll back for clean, no one cares if there's a bit of grit on it.

What I didn't realize until today was that you *could* have two footswitchable volumes on the lead channel. I'd used this amp again for a few gigs recently with a maxon 808 as a boost and it worked ok but because the lead channel is already compressed, couldn't get quite as much of a volume boost as I'd liked. But now I have an adjustable 2nd master I can use, so other than maybe a wah and my headstock tuner I could get away with just bringing this amp and a couple guitars in one trip for small gigs.

I know... csb but it's actually pretty sweet! lol. It does sound *way* better through my bogner 4X12 than the stock 10" speaker but at that point it's not any more convenient than bringing my bogner rig so kind of defeats the purpose. Would be cool to get a headshell for it like this guy did though:

w/ headshell:

Screenshot2012-09-03at41120PM-1.jpg

mine:

Untitled-1.jpg

• Members

I love Champs. I always say this is going to be my retirement amp when I get tired of hauling the big rigs
:lol:

The headshell idea is cool but kinda defeats the purpose of having a really portable rig IMHO. Have you thought about upgrading the 10" speaker?

I love champs too but it's really the gain channel on these super champs that's special IMO. Very early boogie/dare I say it... dumble lol. Which is funny I like 'em so much because I generally don't care much for rivera. Upgrading the 10" speaker would probably be the easiest, and probably makes the most sense, but ideally I think it needs at least one 12". Another option is getting a cab made and putting a 12" in like this guy did:

superchamp.jpg

• Members

I love champs too but it's really the gain channel on these super champs that's special IMO. Very early boogie/dare I say it... dumble lol.

I had a Super Champ, Twin II, currently still own a Champ II and played several other from these serie. So as you see I like them :DBut they have not much to do with the Boogie-style distortion, although Rivera had something to do with the channel swithing at Mesa too.

Archived