EPIC NGD: Black Water Custom Guitars Custom 7-string Double II

Khoifish321

• Members

IT IS FINALLY HERE.

Some of you may have seen the build thread (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/luthiery-modifications-customizations/205540-custom-black-water-guitars-7-string-double-ii-build.html)

but I finally got it today, and oh boy is it as good as can be. Build took only 3 months and 8 days, which is quite incredible seeing how I have a Bernie Rico Jr. that has been in the building for nearly 2 years now...

This thing plays like an absolute BEAST. Neck profile is absolutely perfect for what I was after, and it plays like a 6-string, literally. The thing sounds massive, insanely articulate and clear, which is just what I wanted. The guitar feels amazing in every way.

I am EXTREMELY satisfied and will definitely look into ordering a 6-string from Black Water Guitars again. Aaron (the luthier) was extremely responsive, communicative, and helpful along every step of the way. For the price, you literally can't go wrong... definitely check them out if you're looking into a guitar.

https://www.facebook.com/BlackWaterGuitars

http://www.blackwaterguitars.com/

Specs:

25.5" scale

BKP Cold Sweat set

Hipshot bridge

Quilted Maple top

Mahogany Body

5 piece Honduran Rosewood w/ Brazilian Ebony fillets

2-way truss rod

Stainless Steel frets

Rounded fret ends

15" radius

Sorry for terrible lighting, but I wanted to get shots as soon as I could.

10w3V.jpg

jem6I.jpg

o07nR.jpg

T6L4j.jpg

qT9le.jpg

hnuBY.jpg

TLsRC.jpg

Aaron's shots before he sent it out:

pBYQT.jpg

e6JRW.jpg

TJMfs.jpg

• Members

It does look rather nice. And it seems coincidental that the name of the company is Black Water...

it certainly is Blackmachine inspired, but I don't think the name of the company was correlated with BM. He started out making other shapes, but this had a lot of custom appointments on my end that I definitely drew from Blackmachine.

• Members

it certainly is Blackmachine inspired, but I don't think the name of the company was correlated with BM. He started out making other shapes, but this had a lot of custom appointments on my end that I definitely drew from Blackmachine.

Haha I was gonna say, I think you misspelled "Blackmachine" in the thread title. :lol:

Beautiful guitar though, I definitely appreciate a luthier that not only uses SS frets but takes the time to round the fret ends. Not an easy task.

• Members

I am going to have to keep this guy in mind!!!

I told myself that when I graduate pharmacy school I am going to treat myself to a custom guitar! This is the type of quality I would love to get!!!

Beautiful guitar! You lucky SOB
:D

Cole

do it man, I guarantee you won't regret it :thu:

Archived