No announcement yet.

Anxiety..?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meds & Marshalls works for me
    Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

Ativan.

Comment

I've suffered from depression and anxiety for most of my life with major breakdowns every five or so years. I've been on long-term disability with my latest bout for almost a year. I ****************ing hate what it's done to my life, although I've managed to marry a wonderful woman, raise a precious daughter and build a successful career in spite of my illness. I hate how it completely derails things every few years.

I attend group session at the local mental health centre three times a week, one-on-one once a week, practice mindfullness and cognitive behaviour therapy and take Effexor and Seroquel. I take Clonazepam as needed for anxiety -- maybe once every couple of weeks, although I know I should be using it more but I try to tough it out.

I've tried altering my diet and working out but have not been able to climb out of this one yet. It's been the worst I've ever experienced and both my GP and my psych -- who have been treating me for more than a decade -- think my bouts will get closer together and continue to worsen as I get older. (I'm 40.)

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

And once you're gone, you can't come back/ When you're out of the blue and into the black

Comment

A good book to read is "Idiots guide to conquering fear and anxiety." It touches on everything.

Comment

I've suffered from depression and anxiety for most of my life with major breakdowns every five or so years. I've been on long-term disability with my latest bout for almost a year. I ****************ing hate what it's done to my life, although I've managed to marry a wonderful woman, raise a precious daughter and build a successful career in spite of my illness. I hate how it completely derails things every few years.

I attend group session at the local mental health centre three times a week, one-on-one once a week, practice mindfullness and cognitive behaviour therapy and take Effexor and Seroquel. I take Clonazepam as needed for anxiety -- maybe once every couple of weeks, although I know I should be using it more but I try to tough it out.

I've tried altering my diet and working out but have not been able to climb out of this one yet. It's been the worst I've ever experienced and both my GP and my psych -- who have been treating me for more than a decade -- think my bouts will get closer together and continue to worsen as I get older. (I'm 40.)

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Wow man that sucks! Ever try another GP/psych combination? Do you follow your CBT well? How much mindfulness a day?
            Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

my wife has some anxiety issues that cause a lot of problems between us because i have effectively zero.

she's all wound up about something, and i'm all "zero ****************s given".
              got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
              here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

Personally, I never really had issues with it...

I'm a firm believer that you don't need drugs to conquer anxiety... I Mean, if Prozac somehow cured the problem, then great, but it doesn't

csb

Comment

Therefore most will never truly deal with their problem

Sometimes the "problem" is a chemical imbalance and medication is often a key component of treatment.
                  Originally Posted by diddlybo

Just last week I went to the local GC with my 18 inch cock to buy several guitars and amps. On the way out I punched a hole clean thru the body of a MIM Tele, which caused the entire store to give me a standing ovation.

Originally Posted by ShaneV2

I play gay through the amp- it involves plugging into the amp's output jack. Sometimes you end up blowing a tranny though.

Comment

I'm a firm believer that you don't need drugs to conquer anxiety.

This just isn't true. Many can't deal with it any other way since everybody's got their own cross to bear. I've got family members in healthcare, and lots of people just don't have the tools to do it without. Drugs are part of the solution, but they may also be a necessary part. There's no shame in it if it helps improve your quality of life.
                    "I don't see how the fat lady with the dog fits in." Stonedtone

"I usually know whats going to come out well. Im usually right." Davo17

"Don't make me spell bitch on your ass with a backwards B." moonlight

"He believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

Comment

Wow man that sucks! Ever try another GP/psych combination? Do you follow your CBT well? How much mindfulness a day?

We've been a pretty good team in beating it back in the past, so I'm inclined to stick with them. I try to follow CBT as much as I can but when I really spiral down, it's almost impossible. I've literally been on the floor trying to crawl to the bathroom and my wife's trying to get me to do exercises. It would be comical if it wasn't so ****************ing ridiculous.
                      And once you're gone, you can't come back/ When you're out of the blue and into the black

Comment

Yep, dealing with it for almost 20 years. I used to exercise and take meds. I haven't been exercising, but I do take meds regularly and eat a pretty good diet. Still deal with bad days, but these three things have helped a lot.
                        Good Deals with: Shred-o-holic (Bought his JVM410h), Chris39 (My Laney VH100r for his Tweaker 40, Boss Octave, MXR Classic Overdrive and 50$), Unclemeat (Bought his Legacy III), lots of others I can't remember.

Comment

This just isn't true. Many can't deal with it any other way since everybody's got their own cross to bear. I've got family members in healthcare, and lots of people just don't have the tools to do it without. Drugs are part of the solution, but they may also be a necessary part. There's no shame in it if it helps improve your quality of life.

+1

I've grown used to people offering me their opinion on how I just need to keep working out and thinking positively and my depression and anxiety will *poof* disappear.

My GP put it best when we were discussing it: "Would you tell a diabetic to run around the ****************ing block and think positively to cure their illness?"

It never ceases to amaze me that some people STILL don't view depression as a legitimate illness. These same people have no problem identifying Alzheimer's as an illness of the brain that effects the sufferer's psychology and physiology.

My brain doesn't make enough serotonin and the little it produces isn't processed the same as a "normal" brain.

Plus, people have been studying depression (or melancholy) for thousands of years. Hippocrates (of the Hippocratic oath) was the first to formally describe the symptoms of depression. He lived from 470 - 360 BCE.

Comment

+1

I've grown used to people offering me their opinion on how I just need to keep working out and thinking positively and my depression and anxiety will *poof* disappear.

My GP put it best when we were discussing it: "Would you tell a diabetic to run around the ****************ing block and think positively to cure their illness?"

It never ceases to amaze me that some people STILL don't view depression as a legitimate illness. These same people have no problem identifying Alzheimer's as an illness of the brain that effects the sufferer's psychology and physiology.

My brain doesn't make enough serotonin and the little it produces isn't processed the same as a "normal" brain.

Plus, people have been studying depression (or melancholy) for thousands of years. Hippocrates (of the Hippocratic oath) was the first to formally describe the symptoms of depression. He lived from 470 - 360 BCE.

I hate depression/anxiety. Some of the triggers are so stupid and annoying, and they ruin EVERYTHING. Its so frustrating to know everything would be fine otherwise.
                            Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

i've done everything i can. it is hereditary in my family.

i take a small bit of medicine and it helps.
                              - Adam

Comment

well put. I have struggled on and off with it most of mylife. Last few years i've had it in check. Celexa did it for me. It clicked something in my brain that allowed me to say "**************** it, i'm me, deal with it" which is all most of us really want anyway.

I have also taken benzos and whatnot in the past, and while they work, not something i ever want to take long term again

good luck everybody
                                constantly changing gear

Comment

Working...
                                X