Thats it, I'm done caring about politics...

kooter82

• Members

From a recent interview with ABC:

MITT ROMNEY: Principle number one is to keep the burden down on middle income tax payers.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Is $100,000 middle income?

MITT ROMNEY: No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less. So number one, don

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Between my wife and I, our income is about 200k USD.

We are middle class

Ummm no, that actually puts you in the top quintile making you upper class.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=330

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

In America at least class is defined almost entirely by income as opposed to social status.

• Members

It is a problem

the truth is the price of gas, cost of food, phones, cable, heating/air, insurance are simply killing the middle class. I have less money now than 5 years ago!

My even bigger issue though is the safety of Americans and our individual rights as citizens! if you haven't been watching - it ain't good and getting worse. Can't even think about keeping things the same.

safety and sovereignty of Americans is and always must be job one.

• Members

MITT ROMNEY: No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less.

In the mid-atlantic & N/E USA, I would say that is pretty close to reality - like it or not. Keep supporting Obama if you want to keep being overtaxed to support the poor - sounds like exactly why I went to college & get up at 5 AM every morning to get ahead while the Obamabots who will re-elect him sleep in ...

• Members

It is a problem

the truth is the price of gas, cost of food, phones, cable, heating/air, insurance are simply killing the middle class. I have less money now than 5 years ago!

My even bigger issue though is the safety of Americans and our individual rights as citizens! if you haven't been watching - it ain't good and getting worse. Can't even think about keeping things the same.

safety and sovereignty of Americans is and always must be job one.

Yah, and that thing the FED just pulled yesterday is only gonna make things worse...a lot worse....

Bad economic policy in my opinion, flat out. More of the same wishful and hopeful intentions, which have done nothing in the past but fatten the top weathiest. QE1 failed. QE2 failed. QE3 will fail worse (for America overall.) This is a temporary illusion of investment success for the 10% of Americans that can actually build wealth from investment. The stock market will soar from this, against a dollar that doesn't mean a damn thing. This will cause inflation to skyrocket thus causing the prices of commodities across the board to increase. If you think prices for things are ridiculous now, just wait to see what we are going to be paying. Good-bye, middle (200k a year!!!) class.

• Members

Ummm no, that actually puts you in the top quintile making you upper class.

In America at least class is defined almost entirely by income as opposed to social status.

Then why can't I afford a boat, a new motorbike and a Farrari?

{censored}...I can't afford any of those things.

being upper class sucks.

• Members

Yah, and that thing the FED just pulled yesterday is only gonna make things worse...a lot worse....

Bad economic policy in my opinion, flat out. More of the same wishful and hopeful intentions, which have done nothing in the past but fatten the top weathiest. QE1 failed. QE2 failed. QE3 will fail worse (for America overall.) This is a temporary illusion of investment success for the 10% of Americans that can actually build wealth from investment. The stock market will soar from this, against a dollar that doesn't mean a damn thing. This will cause inflation to skyrocket thus causing the prices of commodities across the board to increase. If you think prices for things are ridiculous now, just wait to see what we are going to be paying. Good-bye, middle (200k a year!!!) class.

I made a few quid from that yesterday so I am alright with it.

• Members

$200K here is extremely well off. other places in the US, it's just well off.

in australia, where the cost of living is stupid high (real estate is thoroughly retarded, from what i understand), it's not a huge income.

I some parts of London that's the basic wage you need to survive

• Members

$200K here is extremely well off. other places in the US, it's just well off.

in australia, where the cost of living is stupid high (real estate is thoroughly retarded, from what i understand), it's not a huge income.

Realestate in Australia is stupidly expensive. We owned a 3 bedroom unit in Drummoyne NSW that sold a few years ago for 700,000.00

We sold it in 1999-2000 for 360,000.00

We could never afford to buy back into that area again.

• Members

being upper class sucks.

Depends on where you live. For some areas 200k isn't much when you have a decent sized family.

I used to live in Cali and my wife and I earned close to 180k, and on that had a simple 1220 sq ft home. When I lost my job we relocated to NC. Income from those same jobs add up to about 110k. Some call that upper class around here, but it's far from it. Add the housing bills, insurance premiums, health covg/dental for a family of 5, kids in school, spending almost $500/mo on {censored}ing gasoline for two cars. 110k does not stretch too far. I do side work on pro sound gear to help pay a part of my kids education or to have any play money.

OP- don't worry about it. Romney has no chance. Obama will get his second term just because he is more likable. Then afterward, its another guessing game as always.

• Members

being upper class sucks.

You're doing it wrong?

My best guess is that you likely live in an area that's really expensive so 200k doesn't seem like as much as it would in somewhere cheaper like Wyoming. Still, that doesn't mean that 200k isn't the top quintile. Your household income puts you higher that 80% of the US.

• Members

You're doing it wrong?

My best guess is that you likely live in an area that's really expensive so 200k doesn't seem like as much as it would in somewhere cheaper like Wyoming. Still, that doesn't mean that 200k isn't the top quintile. Your household income puts you higher that 80% of the US.

So wait, you mean you can earn $200K a year and still not be rich? No {censored}.

• Members

So wait, you mean you can earn $200K a year and still not be rich? No {censored}.

You're still rich but the relativity of it may not make it seem so. 200k a year between 2 people in the Bay Area or Boston doesn't have the same purchasing power as 200k in the midwest.

Archived