"Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!
    Proud DOA Member
    PpP
    Epi,Hamer,Squier,70's Hdstk Thingies,both MB/M's

Aren't they kinda like a K100?

Comment

I don't know about that part but whenever I get around to trying speakers out again these are the next two. Gonna try out Billy's K85's and gonna find some CL80's to try.
      Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
      Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

I don't know about that part but whenever I get around to trying speakers out again these are the next two. Gonna try out Billy's K85's and gonna find some CL80's to try.

I could have swore Celestion said they were similar or some ****************.

Comment

If V30s are sugar, CL80s are Splenda. Tight low end, no real prevalent frequencies.

I believe Scott Ian used them when he played Marshalls.
          http://www.fairtax.org/

Comment

If V30s are sugar, CL80s are Splenda. Tight low end, no real prevalent frequencies.

I believe Scott Ian used them when he played Marshalls.

Awe c'mon hotcakes. That's a biased opinion. Sure they're flatter with rolled of highs but that works well with certain applications. My GH50 is very middy with infamous treble. It'd probably balance the amp out pretty good.. which is why i'm gonna try them some day.
            Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
            Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

CL80s are decent but i find them sort of bland. They are used with modeler amps because they are fairly neutral speakers.
              www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
              here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

No, K100s have a nice, present high-end kind of like a T75 except with a much bigger bass response. CL80s are quite dark.
                VHT/FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD

Comment

well, i hate v30s because they're awful sounding, nasal, flabby, and honky as ****************, while they bust the enamel on your teeth. **************** that speaker.

cl80's give what they get, don't screech, are absolutely eq'able, and have an honest full frequency representation without turning to mud ever. one of my absolute favorites.

Comment

Look up the speaker shoot out VTM and I did. We had the cl80, v30, gb, and t75 in there
                    Johnson Millennium 250, Peavey Special head, Peavey Transformer 112, Peavey Rockmaster
                    Mesa Boogie Stiletto 412, Marshall 1982a, Behringer 212 w/ V30's
                    Ibanez SZ520QM, Fender Blacktop Jaguar, ESP LTD Superstrat

Good deals thread: Here

Comment

Of the Celestion speakers I have tried it has been one of my favorites. It is fairly neutral, but it has character still. I should note that I got some of my best recorded tones with my Marshall amps with that speaker!

Seriously, this speaker doesn't get enough attention in my opinion. Also, I recommend using them in a tighter style cab. I had them in an Avatar Traditional cab that seemed to vibrate a bit too much for me. However, after I reinforced that cab, these speakers responded much more nicely. I would recommend putting them in a solidly built cab!

Cole
                      Amps
                      Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
                      Egnater Tweaker 15
                      TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
                      Korg Pitchblack+
                      Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
                      Pro Tone Thruster
                      Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
                      ISP Decimator (Loop)
                      MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
                      Hermida Reverb (Loop)
                      Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
                      Carl Martin Octaswitch